Magicinfo library disappears...

• 4 Replies

Offline Vulcan24v

Magicinfo library disappears...
« on: December 01, 2011, 09:28:10 AM »
Hi
I work for a large College and we have several screens running magicinfo, one in my area we run as standalone pointing the screen back at the server on my desktop here. This ran fine till my PC crashed and had to be re-installed. Now when I run MIP I can see the screen ok but when I try to set up libraries and schedules they are ok until I shut MIP down. On re-opening the server software all Libraries etc are clear again as in new install.
This is a fresh install of MIP and I do not understand what has gone wrong... anyone any ideas what I should do?

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Magicinfo library disappears...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 11:13:46 AM »
Hi

not sure what the problem is on your machine but the schedules are saved in mediadb.mdb within the SEC directory so back that up each time after saving the schedule and before closing the program-if it disappears you can drop it back in and your info should be there for mip to use until you sort out the problem..

EricL

Offline Vulcan24v

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 11:18:15 AM »
Cheers Eric I'll check out that file.
It's weird problem and it occured to me that somehow the directories had become write protected but that isn't the case.

I'll follow your idea till I can sort out what the heck is going on...  :(

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 08:18:47 AM »
Hello
Like Eric, i suggest you to save your mediadb.mdb file but also all yours screens with an export of them. if for any reason the .mdb file should be corrupted, you can reinstall MIPRO and then import all your screens
you can repair the database but it's long and tedious and you must know how to repair tables
excuse me for the broken English, i'm french
i hope to have help you
Sébastien

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A tout ceux qui souhaitent télécharger le logiciel Magicinfo Pro de Samsung, je vous mets un lien pour obtenir Magicinfo Pro gratuitement et dans sa dernière version :

http://www.comaudiovideo.com/fr/logiciel/103-logiciel-magicinfo-pro.html

Vous trouverez également sur ce site, des formations au logiciel et également des solutions de gestion de parcs d'écrans.

Si vous avez besoin d'infos complémentaire je vous laisse un téléphone:
02 32 23 26 03

Sébastien,

Offline Petecolquitt

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 09:27:05 AM »
Hi, if this is on a windows 7 machine, go to 'UAC' settings and turn them off. These stop second users being able to make changes to an already installed mip account.

Hope this helps