MagicInfo-i Premium client - no Wifi possible

• 2 Replies

Offline maddinhl

MagicInfo-i Premium client - no Wifi possible
« on: February 15, 2012, 10:05:04 AM »
Hi all, I´m new to MagicInfo-i Premium. I installed the server part and the client part successful. Before MagicInfo-i Premium we used MagicInfo Pro with a Netgear Wifi adapter and it worked all the time. Showing the Basic/Advanced config of the client shows up both adatpers LAN and Wifi but the Wifi MAC does not show up in the Device ID field. Once I selected the LAN adapter it shows the MAC even when I choose the Wifi adapter. With Wifi only (LAN disabled) I can´t get the client connected to the server but I can open the server console via http:\\serveraddress:7001\MagicInfo

Is there something else to look for? Registry? Config files?

Offline INCAA

• Major Guru
Re: MagicInfo-i Premium client - no Wifi possible
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 09:01:46 PM »
I'm prety sure that MIIP supports Wifi, and we are using a USB broadband card through verizon to connect to our server, without really any special modifications.

Have you tried to uninstall the client and your wifi programs/drivers and reinstalling them? 

When you say you've "opened the server console", are you saying you've opened it from the client using the wifi connection, thus establishing that its actually connecting?  Or are you saying that your server is working properly?

Also, which version of MIIP server/client are you using?

Offline maddinhl

Re: MagicInfo-i Premium client - no Wifi possible
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 09:02:29 AM »
Yes, right. I was able to login/open the web console from the client. We use client version 1009.11 and server 1009.6
I already removed the client and disabled the LAN card, reinstalled the client with WiFi connection only. I can see the NIC in the basic/advanced setup and can choose this one but it does not show the MAC in the Device ID field and it does not connect to the server.

Checked both adapters for settings, i.e. firewall, disabling unnecessary items like QoS etc. but nothing helped so far. The funny story is, that with MagicInfo Pro the WiFi USB adapter worked fine.