Product Availability and Upgrading

• 6 Replies

Offline Sheppy

Product Availability and Upgrading
« on: October 26, 2011, 02:25:07 PM »
Hi,

No idea if this site is still live but here goes. We have a small number of 400pxn units onsite and one of them has a picked up nasty scratch on the screen. Can these still be purchased from anywhere? And if so, where from in the UK?

Secondly, we run MagicNet X which is pretty poor in terms of scheduling. Can we look to upgrade the client and server software to one of the newer versions?

Regards,

John

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
Re: Product Availability and Upgrading
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 06:54:50 PM »
Hello, the site is very much alive and kicking (thank God!) and the only place I have found that has people on who actually understand the Samsung systems and are willing to offer knowledgeable help and advice.

Unfortunately I have to advise you the 400pxn have been discontinued for quite some years, your best bet for a replacement screen at a realistic price would probably to try and find a second-hand unit with a different hardware issue maybe on eBay.

The pxn range of screens cannot be upgraded to run Magicinfo Pro.

Offline Sheppy

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 08:22:26 AM »
Thanks for your reply. I assume if we then bought a new unit we'd have to run it via another server. No real problem there apart from the learning curve I suppose. Can someone then recommend any good supplies for this kit? Our original supplier is no longer around and I'm struggling to find anyone who knows much about these. We were one of the first sites to run these and struggled with many of the issues such as software bugs, PSU problems etc.. Great concept though considering how much other manufacturers charge for just the software!

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 01:41:03 PM »
The server software will run on just about any reasonable pc, our suppliers are http://www.gvmultimedia.com/branches.php in Manchester.

The ads on here usually link to signage suppliers too..

Samsung signage seems to be increasing in popularity and new models are being introduced fairly regularly.

Personally I am looking forward to trying one of the integrated touch screens :-)

Offline joannej

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 03:28:33 PM »
Hi

I have just started a new job and I am in charge of the information screen - which I have discovered is a Samsung 40pxn installed in 2008 with Magicnet X 1.0.0.8. The system is run on an old computer and I could do with upgrading the software and installing it on my own pc for convenience. In the absence of any form of manual can anyone please advise if an upgrade to software is available and where could I get one from?

Any advice is very much appreciated - going round and round in circles!!!

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 10:15:58 PM »
Hi

try here

http://www.comaudiovideo.com/fr/logiciel/103-logiciel-magicinfo-pro.html

EricL

Offline joannej

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 08:59:53 AM »
Hi

Thank you for the link - I will take a look and hopefully it is the answer to my problems. Joanne