Remote Access Problem

• 3 Replies

Offline smudgess

• Super Guru
Remote Access Problem
« on: March 16, 2010, 01:55:16 PM »
Does anyone else have problems connecting to a screen across an internal router? The screen is displaying the Windows desktop but according to my console it isn't powered on therefore I cannot access it remotely. 

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Remote Access Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 03:25:38 PM »
Hi, no problems here-could it be a firewall issue?

EricL

Offline GRogers

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 08:42:56 AM »
Hi there,

We got this sort of thing quite regularly, the fix for us was for me to cut someone's fingers off...

But slightly more realistic is to ensure that before people close their remote access session they have to re-enable the scheduler function.  This was the step that seemed to be missing every time we ended up with a 'dead' screen.

Essentially, take your USB stuff out to the screen and restart the scheduler and it should then be accessible from the server app...  Or of course you could just take the nuclear submarine approach and turn it off and on again!

I will however say that the above seemed to work for us (and every time since highlighting it the phone calls have been more along the lines of "I did it again" rather than "I can't access the screen") but you may in fact have something different going on...

Hope it helps nonetheless

Greg

Offline smudgess

• Super Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 10:23:22 AM »
Thanks for your suggestions which I have passed on to our IT Manager to investigate.