Powerpoint presentation

• 5 Replies

Offline serge

Powerpoint presentation
« on: December 18, 2009, 02:18:13 PM »
Can anyone can tell me how to have a presentation in a same window rather than in full screen?
I would like to have different presentations on the same screen.

Thanks in advance for your help

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Powerpoint presentation
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 07:59:59 AM »
You need to install PPT application and not the PPT Viewer. Then you can have PPT files running in sized frames that you want.

Bill

Offline serge

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 11:32:15 AM »
Thank you.
It is what I'm was looking for.
I had just to do some space  :)

Offline Dmitry

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 02:56:18 PM »
Note that on the older 4Gig FDM machines it is not practical/possible to install most full Power Point suite due to the size of the hard drive.

However you can install PowerPoint 2002 (full version) as it has the smallest footprint of all PPT editions. This will allow .ppt files to be played in a sized window, as opposed to full screen.

Dmitry Sokolov
Digital Signage, Marketing, Media.
www.dsokolov.ca

Offline gb_at_igz

Re: Powerpoint presentation - PowerPoint 2010 Beta
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 03:31:48 PM »
Hi folks,

just a hint - I had much trouble in converting Powerpoints to flash with adequate quality in the same context (viewing more than one PPT on a MagicInfo screen). Last week I came across the free beta version of Office 2010 from Microsoft, with the new PowerPoint 2010 (download from Microsoft's web site, will run free of charge for several months). There is a new option in Powerpoint 2010 - save presentation to Windows Media File (wmf). This creates a video file from your PPT presentation with all transitions, animations, sound, etc. in a very high quality. And the wmv file is fully scalable on the MagicInfo screens. Files are a little bit large, depending on the number of animations / transition effects, but the quality of the presentation is extraordinarily high - much better than everything we saw before with PPT to Flash converters. And yes, it allows you to run several presentations in parallel on the MagicInfo screen. We do that now for all our screens and do not use flash videos anymore. No separate viewer is required on the displays, it runs with the (current) standard configuration of MagicInfo Pro.

Sincerely

Gerald

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 05:14:07 PM »
Hi Gerald,

your information is invaluable, I have been using ispring ultra for a few years now to convert the ppt to flash but this is a far better and indeed more elegant one stop solution. Thank you so much for sharing this, it is probably something I would never have come across on my own-nice one  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers!

EricL