want animation loop seamless, w/o flash between each play

• 6 Replies

Offline L

• Major Guru
want animation loop seamless, w/o flash between each play
« on: December 18, 2009, 02:58:50 PM »
I have a movie file background that will play full-screen, scrolling through the tenants in a high rise building.  This file will repeat over and over, with only a couple of other areas layered over top.  My issue is that there always seems to be a pause of black and/or flash between each play of the file.  It was designed so that it should appear seamless, from the last frame, to the first frame again.

Any way that I could eliminate this pause, using 'repeat', setting a duration, or something else?

Lisa

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: want animation loop seamless, w/o flash between each play
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 08:01:28 AM »
Lisa, I've answered in a different thread. I think it is best to create your on logo through a movie file and build your screen content on that. Flash files are processor intensive.

Bill

Offline L

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 07:00:21 PM »
I am using a movie file, not a flash file.  There doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of the ugly pause and glitch each time the file repeats unless I bypass the software, but I can't do that because I still need to layer.

Lisa

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 06:28:06 PM »
OK I understand. You can create layers of frames coming in at different times. Maybe you can do this. For example run a movie file for 60secs starting at 00:00:00 and fishing at 00:01:00 and another stating at 00:00:59 until 00:01:59. Os there will be a sec overlap.

Bill

Offline Dmitry

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 02:45:02 PM »
Another good content practice is to fade the content in (start of file) and out (end of file) to the same background. This way the transition between files in the playlist (or loops of the same file is seamless. Hope this helps!

Dmitry Sokolov
www.dsokolov.ca

Offline L

• Major Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 08:11:46 PM »
Thanks for both of your replies Bill & Dmitry.

I tried the layering of movie files that are offset, but this doesn't solve the problem.  Neither will a fade in and out, since I'm trying to have a list of building tenants continually scroll.  This would have to be absolutely seamless to look like a continuous loop.  I don't think this software (and some others I've tried) can handle it.  It's just too processor intensive.

Instead, I have a few different jpgs with the names of the businesses that I will wipe between, from bottom to top.  It does a decent job of mimicking the scrolling effect, for now. 

Lisa

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 09:25:41 PM »
Hi Lisa

what I suggest is giving your movie file to someone who is a proper Adobe Flash expert, if they know what they are doing they will be able to convert your movie file to a looping flash animation vector file with no jumping or overlapping.

If they have done it properly the screens should have no problem playing it.

Best

EricL