Content Formats for Video Walls

• 4 Replies

Offline lisab

Content Formats for Video Walls
« on: December 22, 2009, 08:17:23 PM »
Hi There,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with a bit of advice on the content for video walls.

We have a 2x2 video wall of UXn displays.  We want to run video across the top two screens, and across the bottom two screens, so essentially run as two 2x1 video walls running independently of each other.  My question is, should we design the content to match the actual resolution of each video wall as in 2736 x 768 or does MagicInfo scale and do this itself? 

Many thanks in advance,
Lisa

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Content Formats for Video Walls
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 08:34:18 AM »
I am not sure how this will work. I think that the content doesn't have to be 2732x768 it maybe that the screens won't understand it. It is the aspect ratio you need to think about? So in your case will be 32:9 Not entirely sure. But this is what I'd try.

Bill

Offline SKook

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 12:52:31 PM »
Lisa

I am embarking on the same format for 4 sets of screens at 2x1 that will be taking Video content. I am planning on producing video at 2738 x 768 to preserve the resolution which is a 32 x 9 format.  Did you get any results or find any solutions to publish to this format.

cheers

Offline lisab

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 01:20:20 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

I haven't as yet found a resolution to this issue, and I am now awaiting feedback from Samsung, who I have sent the content to, and they seem to think it is a bug in MagicInfo Pro which they have escalated to HQ - as soon as, or if I hear back from them I will let you know.

Our content was created in

I have to admit that the whole process has confused me slightly, as I have been offered differnet advice from differnet people in Samsung!! 

The plot thickens...and I will let you know if I get any resolution!

Offline lisab

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 02:13:48 PM »
We finally resolved this issue with Samsung and I just wanted to update the post in case anyone else finds themselves in this position.

We found that the max resolution which could be supported on the panels was 1366 x 384 to keep the aspect ratio - however the resolution of the panels (UXn - 1366 x 768) meant that we could not go any higher as the video cards were unable to cope with the higher resolution.

Apparantly this is not the case for Full HD units - such as the UXn2 etc  which have 1920 x 1080 resolution and can display higher resolution content.