display problems

• 2 Replies

Offline Frankq

display problems
« on: March 19, 2012, 08:18:18 AM »
My school has a 46 inch LFD Model number LH46MGULBC/EN. I have Magicinfo I Author and Server on my laptop and can create and upload content to the screen. I have a couple of problems as follows and any help would be appreciated.

1/ Using the IE element to create a page that displays our school website home page works, but every time the content repeats  the site comes up very slowly in parts taking up to 5 or more seconds between parts of the picture appearing untill the whole page is displayed.

2/ I created a 9 page content in Author using a text element as a title and square elements with photographs inserted on a single colour page background. These use an incoming effect and timings are used to allow each element to follow on 2 seconds later until the page is full. 0n some pages timings  are set so that the first element finishes and is replaced by a new one until all 20 have been displayed 5 at a time. Others just display up to 9 elements. I have some pages with a flash element as part of the title.
The problems I am getting with this are:  

Text element titles don't show at all although some text element captions do come up on screen.

Despite seeming fine on the created page in Author the page seems to big for the screen and elements are off the edges. Screen size set in Author to 1366x768

Elements freezing while being loaded. E.G. Half way through incoming effect screen freezes for several seconds and then jumps to display next 2 elements.
Once again any help would be appreciated

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: display problems
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 09:23:55 PM »
Not sure I understand fully your issues.

I would do things one at a time, maybe use a page at a time to see how the whole system behaves. I have no issues such as this and use quite a few screens (a mixture of old DXn, EXN and now DX-3 units with SIM module.

You can use a single page an had lots of elements one coming after the other. In fact I use the Slide Element to show pictures stored in a single folder. I don't use different pictures from different directories although this shouldn't be a problem.

Bill

Offline Frankq

Re: display problems
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 03:27:24 PM »
Not sure I understand fully your issues.

I would do things one at a time, maybe use a page at a time to see how the whole system behaves. I have no issues such as this and use quite a few screens (a mixture of old DXn, EXN and now DX-3 units with SIM module.

You can use a single page an had lots of elements one coming after the other. In fact I use the Slide Element to show pictures stored in a single folder. I don't use different pictures from different directories although this shouldn't be a problem.

Bill

Problem sorted, updates from Samsung did the job