BBC News Feed

• 7 Replies

Offline Lea_C

BBC News Feed
« on: March 21, 2012, 02:53:59 PM »
Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible to have a news feed running as a ticker tape along the bottom of the screen? The best I could get was the RSS feed, but it only gives brief headlines- so it's not always possible to know what the actual story is. If that's not possible I would be happy to have the website up at various points during the schedule to show the headlines, but the problem I found with this was that it only seems to show the top left-hand corner of the website.

Any advice greatfully received.

Thanks,
Lea

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: BBC News Feed
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 12:37:55 PM »
Hiya

dont know if this will help try this i did it a while ago and worked quite well for me.

http://www.signagehelp.com/magic/index.php/topic,476.0.html

Ewan

Offline Lea_C

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 11:23:41 AM »
We don't actually want the live news feed with audio etc. We only want the news headlines really- I've also found that the ticker will not work alongside a powerpoint (which is what we always use) as the powerpoint takes over full screen.  I shall be tearing my hair out soon.

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 03:28:24 PM »
no problem i have a screen i use on all my screens it has 2 areas that scroll Rss feeds and pull some text also mine is setup for BBC news and an industry magazines rss feeds as well it also has an area to either play a streamed video or animated gif\ flash file
if you converted your ppts to flash this may work never tried to run ppts on it.

image attached take a look let me know if you think it will work of you

Offline Lea_C

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 10:38:21 AM »
That would actually be great for our purposes, how would I set something like that up?

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 12:44:41 PM »
I'll get one setup and forward it onto yourself via an e-mailed zip file all you will need to do is ensure anything you plan to play via the video area is setup at 641x446 apart from that you should be fine.

fairly self explantory once you get going with it.

should be with you shortly let me know how you get on with it.

Ewan

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 08:16:15 AM »
Hello Erwan,

Your solution to play RSS into PPT convert to SWF interresed me. Can you send me the procedure to make like you two area with rss feed, (how you make your ppt..) i see you have two colors in feed and it's nice like made.
Thanks much
Sébastien

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 10:25:14 AM »
Hi

its fairly easy ill forward you the required files shortly in an e-mail

if you need any help with it let me know.

Thanks
Ewan