Starting up server

• 1 Replies

Offline printjunky

Starting up server
« on: April 27, 2012, 09:16:50 PM »
I have MagicInfo Premium Server installed on a Win 7 computer, but I cannot understand how to get it to start.

I have no .exe file in that folder. When I navigate via my start button to All Programs/MagicInfo Premium I/Server, I have Bacdup, Config, Restore, and Uninstall options (and they all appear to work), but no way to start the program.

And checking the task manager, it is not running somewhere in the background (and no icon is bottom right).

I believe I have everything else ready to go - client installed on the display, etc.

Offline s_schopen

• Super Guru
Re: Starting up server
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 09:46:43 AM »
Hi!

First check if MagicInfo Service is running on your system already. It already should be after installing it. You can access the server via a browser, Internet Explorer ist recommended. You have to type http://[your Server IP address]:7001/MagicInfo/, then the access site of the server should be displayed (assuming you don't have any additional problem with the Tomcat server). Just the logon data you created during the installation process. Then you should be able to log into your MI Server.

Greetz,

Sabrina