Samsung 460MX-3 magicinf pro not running

• 5 Replies

Offline russy16

Samsung 460MX-3 magicinf pro not running
« on: August 21, 2012, 11:30:52 AM »
please help

i have a samsung 460MX-3 which has been setup in one of our offices. we are unable to run the magicinfo pro client on the machine. it seems to be installed fine however it will not run.

uninstall and reintall and it appears to be installed fine however the client will not run at all. the screen is a samsung 460MX-3 with pro 3102.5 installed.

i have another Samsung setup which runs fine.

are there any requirments i am missing?

any help will be much appreciated

thanks

russ

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Samsung 460MX-3 magicinf pro not running
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 09:05:26 AM »
Hi russ

This is how mine have been setup and works great for me no major issues so far in 3yrs-4yrs.

•   The embedded XP on the screen must be setup with only an administrator login
•   In order to get the embedded xp to login automatically certain settings need to be added to the regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultUserName to someUser; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultPassword to somePassword; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultDomainName to someDomain; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\AutoAdminLogon to 1 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\CachePrimaryDomain to someDomain

Please remember any changes made will not  be saved unless the changes are committed via the EWF Manager

Offline russy16

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 12:57:03 PM »
Hi Thanks for your response

i have gone through the reg settings you suggested and everything works.... but only once

it only runs the client on the startup now

if i close the client i can no run the client again until i restart the pc.

so im on the right track

thanks

again

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 12:56:35 PM »
Do you mean when you access the screen (if nothing is scheduled you should see a flash image of magicinfo)
you hit escape and you will see the desktop to get the program to run again you go to the world icon to the bottom right (next to the clock etc)
right click and select run. 
this should run the software for you again.

just remember to watch out for the EWF this is a pain if you forget this.

Cheers
Ewan

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 08:30:59 AM »
Hi Russy,

if you want, i can sent you two files who explain how works MagicInfo, this is for one the English Manual from Samsung.
i hope that can help you
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A tous ceux qui souhaitent télécharger le logiciel Magicinfo Pro de Samsung, je vous mets un lien pour obtenir Magicinfo

Pro gratuitement et dans sa dernière version :

http://www.comaudiovideo.com/fr/logiciel/103-logiciel-magicinfo-pro.html

Vous trouverez également sur ce site, des formations au logiciel et également des solutions de gestion de parcs d'écrans

ainsi que d'autres versions de logiciels d'affichage dynamique.

Si vous avez besoin d'infos complémentaires je vous laisse un téléphone: 02 32 23 26 03

Offline russy16

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 10:32:34 AM »
Hi Guys, thanks for the replies

the problem i have is that when i restart the pc magic info runs fine however if i escape out of the magic info screen > go down to the icon in the systray and right click and select run it will not run
the only way i can get magic info to run again is to restart and it loads on startup

but i will have a play with this today and see if i can get it running.

thanks again