Schedule For Magicnet pro

• 3 Replies

Offline cen2010

Schedule For Magicnet pro
« on: January 05, 2010, 07:19:20 PM »
When we select the scheduling button, the program seems to stall.  When the schedule screen appears after 5 min and we try to schedule in a powerpoint, again the program seems to stall.  It takes for ever to add an entry.  Suggestions?  Samsung rep tells us it's a microsoft issue. . . ?

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Schedule For Magicnet pro
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 08:44:34 AM »
Not sure entirely what that causes the delay. I'd make sure that you have the appropriate same versions of server and player for a start. Then you do some scheduling that is not for days on end. Just do it for a day or so and then observe what happens. Also, it could be your network or even the size of the content you are sending.

Bill

Offline les

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 09:28:18 AM »
I have the same problem regarding the Schedule option, and no, a smaller file is not the answer.

I thought the problem could be an solved with an update, but so far I havent found any.
I could try re installing the computer, but this is something I wish to use as a last resort. Re installing the programm itself didnt do much either.
Everything else seems to work fine, but when using the schedule option its just to horrible to work with.  :(

So if anyone could find a solution for this I would be very happy.

thanks in advance,
Les

Offline les

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 10:00:19 AM »
Excuses for creating a double pots but I think I might have found the solution to this problem thanks to reading some other posts.
And here is the solution I have tried:

Posted by noop on Jan. 13 2009,10:19
Hi, just a thought, when we have problems with the schedules overwriting the original we have found using the clear facility (the bin icon on the toolbar) before resending the new schedule data often works.

if not try remoting to the client (using a full version of vnc external to the server software so you can take full control of the client screen) then manually delete all the old files related to the schedule.

if it helps let me know as it seems to be a problem for a few people on here.

After using the bin icon on the schedule it does seems to work again.
I'm going to keep an eye out if anything changes.

-Les