MagicInfo Pro won't start

• 3 Replies

Offline ishr

MagicInfo Pro won't start
« on: August 26, 2011, 02:51:20 PM »
Hi,

maybe someone here was facing the same problem already. Since a few days we can't use MagicInfo at all, the whole program is only starting with one user account and as this one is the domain administrator as well we can't hand out the password to the secretaries which are creating the content.

The screenshot shows the error message (The application will be terminated because the library list has failed to connect. There is no library list or it is unavailable). Now this one even pop ups when creating a new local user (user account on the PC).

We are running the latest release of MagicInfo Pro on a Windows Server 2008 OS (R2 Standard SP1 64Bit).

Any thought will be highly appreciated, I'm not as firm with the MagicInfo tool as a colleague who is unreachable (holidays abroad) has taken care of it so far.

Haven't found anything related using the search function within the forum.

Thanks in advance and enjoy your weekend
Florian

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: MagicInfo Pro won't start
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 05:16:15 AM »
Not sure if it is wise to run this application on a 64-bit environment.... Is this a first time installation? Within Windows 7 and maybe Server 2008R2 there is a Compatibility x86 directory that files may be located. It is worth checking within that directory structure to launch MagicInfo pro. You can also select the properties of the shortcut and run this program in a XP compatibility mode.

Lastly, are you logging in as an Administrator?

Bill

Offline psa

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 03:11:54 PM »
We are having the same problem. I upgraded from version 2506.0 to version 2600.15 in the hope that it might fix some video issues. Unfortunately it didn't fix the problems, and it has introduced this new problem.

The program installs and runs OK when logged on as an administrator, but as soon as I log in under my own account I receive the error shown in the original post. Furthermore, once this error shows, it appears to change something in the application directory which prevents the program from running again, even when logged in as an administrator!

So every time I see the error, I am forced to uninstall and re-install the application again.

I have tried installing it fresh and immediately changing the shortcut's settings to run as administrator for all users and in WinXP SP3 compatibility mode, plus I've changed the execution directory to allow all users full access, but it doesn't appear to make any difference. The error once again returns as soon as I try running the software from a non-administrator account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

(We are running Windows 7.)

Offline marcooo

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 12:59:11 PM »
The same problem here.
I gave to the specific user local admin rights, run once the program and remove them from the local admin group.
Now I can start the programm with this user without admin rights