Create screen, save, restart magicinfo pro, screens gone..

• 3 Replies

Offline FlashAndCrash

Create screen, save, restart magicinfo pro, screens gone..
« on: June 01, 2012, 01:30:43 PM »
Hi Forum!

When I create a screen, make the design I want and saves the screen. I restarted the MagicInfo Pro Server and was trying to open the save screen again, it was gone.
Then I tried to make a screen, designed the way I wanted it, saved, made a schedule, saved schedule and published. Yes it worked, but if I want to change the design and republish?
I don't want solutions that indicate to copy mediadb.dbm.
Btw, under the creation of screen template EWP have been off, commit and on. Tried every modus.

And one more thing. I have configured a screen template, saved, created a schedule for periodically option "daily". from 00:01 to 24:00. Save the schedule configuration and published. The content was send to the client and was working fine, until next morning. Had a failure with something around "ABNORMAL". Don't have more information about it, just that word. In case someone can think of what the problem can be or anything.

Is it possible to change already created screen template? And change already created schedule?
Would it be possible to also save published screens and schedule locally as well on the client?

Regards,
Daniel

Offline FlashAndCrash

Re: Create screen, save, restart magicinfo pro, screens gone..
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 11:07:00 AM »
Hi Forum!

When I create a screen, make the design I want and saves the screen. I restarted the MagicInfo Pro Server and was trying to open the save screen again, it was gone.
Then I tried to make a screen, designed the way I wanted it, saved, made a schedule, saved schedule and published. Yes it worked, but if I want to change the design and republish?
I don't want solutions that indicate to copy mediadb.dbm.
Btw, under the creation of screen template EWP have been off, commit and on. Tried every modus.

And one more thing. I have configured a screen template, saved, created a schedule for periodically option "daily". from 00:01 to 24:00. Save the schedule configuration and published. The content was send to the client and was working fine, until next morning. Had a failure with something around "ABNORMAL". Don't have more information about it, just that word. In case someone can think of what the problem can be or anything.

Is it possible to change already created screen template? And change already created schedule?
Would it be possible to also save published screens and schedule locally as well on the client?

Regards,
Daniel

Ok, it got resolved. I was missing some folders like "Screen, LocalPublish, etc..." Since I was using a domain user and the setup folder was only given full access to local administrator, the content was deleted every shutdown of MagicInfo Pro.
I gave the domain user full access. Made a screen and saved, the edits got writen down in mediadb.mdb and saves. I restarted MagicInfo Pro, and tried to load again. There the saved screen was there.

Regards,
Daniel

Offline FlashAndCrash

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 01:34:31 PM »
Ok, it got resolved. I was missing some folders like "Screen, LocalPublish, etc..." Since I was using a domain user and the setup folder was only given full access to local administrator, the content was deleted every shutdown of MagicInfo Pro.
I gave the domain user full access. Made a screen and saved, the edits got writen down in mediadb.mdb and saves. I restarted MagicInfo Pro, and tried to load again. There the saved screen was there.

Regards,
Daniel

I also created the folders manually. If your computer is local and not in a domain. With windows 7 the permissions for SEC folder are granted to administrator and users. Users do not have permissions to change or full access. Just give users full access, and your mediadb.mdb will be updated and since you created your folders, the screens will save in the "Screen" folder.

(C:\Program Files(x86)\SEC -> Right click -> Properties -> Security -> Edit, then choose the user you want to grant access or add a user.

Regards,
Daniel

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 07:55:53 AM »
Hi Daniel

thanks for the update, glad you got it sorted :-)

Best regards

EricL