Scheduler doesn't see content on server

• 5 Replies

Offline Quinny321

Scheduler doesn't see content on server
« on: June 28, 2012, 06:07:19 PM »
Hello,
I've created content in Author and then published it and uploaded to server. I see the content on the server but when I go to create a schedule and add content, there's no content to add. Not sure why it's not recognizing the LFD files. I did upload some flash content and was able to put that in the schedule. Any ideas?     thanks for your help.

Offline Petecolquitt

Re: Scheduler doesn't see content on server
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 12:26:08 PM »
are you putting the server address into the publish box when publishing from author?

Offline s_schopen

• Super Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 09:44:37 AM »
Maybe you loaded up the content via author with another account. Then you will have to search for the content you uploaded in the content folders of the other users account. If you want to integrate content into a schedule, only your content will be displayed for selection first. But you can select other contents by the menue, you just have to choose the correct user's name.

Cheers,

Sabrina

Offline igargov

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 08:36:05 AM »
Hello,

I share the same problem with scheduler and content with .LFD extension.I can't figure out why is that.The problem is not the user account because contents are associated with the user i am using.I am sure of it.However, I still don't see them in the scheduler.Does anyone have any other ideas about how to fix it.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ivan

P.S. In contents menu, the contents I have already added have the letter 'i' in the right top corner of the image of the content.I have been searching information for that too but still no success.

Offline wimpydimpy

• Major Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 10:52:44 AM »
First - when you upload via the author software - just to be sure - check the SHARE option.
Make sure you entered the server address in the OPTION menu in the author software, and the user and password.
(At first I didn't, and tried uploading using only the publish option and got rejected.)

Next - when you try to assign content to a schedule - go to the ALL CONTENT tab in the left.

Show By Type - LFD. It SHOULD be there.

Post results if it worked.  ;)

Offline igargov

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 06:01:37 AM »
Thank you for your reply wimpydimpy!

I must say that I was in a big mistake because eventually I found out that the problem was the version of my display - MagicInfo Lite.My server is MagicInfo-i Premium.After a bunch of reading and testing, I noticed that Lite version supports fewer capabilities rather than those on Premium.In fact, it does not support .LFD contents and, of course, some other formats and features.However, I will take into account your advice for future use!

Best Regards,
Ivan