Turning on a screen

• 3 Replies

Offline psa

• Major Guru
Turning on a screen
« on: July 10, 2012, 04:21:37 PM »
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I can't find out how to turn a screen on using MIIP. It was easy when using MagicInfo Pro...

(I suspect that it's under the 'General' tab of the 'Device' section, but this just displays "Data error" so perhaps I need to seek some proper technical support.)

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers!

Offline s_schopen

• Super Guru
Re: Turning on a screen
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 09:28:12 AM »
Hi there!

As far as I know the device can be activated at the device section, subsection system config. You just have to choose the device you want to start up and click on the "on" button shown above the device table. I don't know what the button is named exactly in your server version, I use the German version.

Funny, I have to do a technical research, too, because I get an error saying "The device behind the firewall or in local network can not be turned on."  ??? I wonder why this problem occurs, because firewall and SNMP work fine on my device... maybe I'll figure it out. If I'll find a solution, I 'll write it down here.

Cheers!

Sabrina

Offline psa

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 10:01:17 AM »
Thanks Sabrina. I also get the error "Device in firewall or private network cannot be turned on", so if you manage to find a solution then please do write it here.  :)

Offline psa

• Major Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 10:28:35 AM »
Interestingly, if I log into the old MagicInfo Pro, I am able to turn the screens on! It can't "see" the screens because the screens are communicating with the MagicInfo-i Premium server, but it seems that MagicInfo Pro is still able to send a 'wake on LAN' packet which works. So I see no reason why the MagicInfo-i Premium software can't do the same.  :-\