MagicInfo Premium Server HTTP 500 Error

• 5 Replies

Offline perezla

MagicInfo Premium Server HTTP 500 Error
« on: July 11, 2012, 10:12:19 PM »
I have installed MagicInfo Premium Sever and every time I try to go to the login page I get a HTTP 500 Error page. I have tried installing the software on several machines and get the same message. How do I fix this?

Offline s_schopen

• Super Guru
Re: MagicInfo Premium Server HTTP 500 Error
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 07:57:18 AM »
Hi!

Have you checked if the ports MagicInfo uses are not blocked? Just a guess, but that's what I'ld check first. Did I get it right, that you can't enter the login page http://[your.servers.ipaddress]:7001/MagicInfo/ in your browser? If you get a blank page, there also might be a problem with your tomcat server. If tomcat isn't running properly you won't get anything displayed in your browser, too.

I hope that is kind of useful for you. Or did you solve your problem already?

Cheers,

Sabrina

Offline Neil_McDonnell

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 03:06:57 PM »
I too am getting this HTTP 500 error, I've tried searching the web but can't find any solution just vague suggestions as to what is causing it

This is the third Samsung MagicInfo installation our company has done and each one has had a different problem with installation. We now have a old MagicInfo Standard setup no longer allowing server to connect with explorer. The guys in LFD phone support (which I have to say are the best support guys in the world and with out them this product would be useless) said it was due to new java updates not being compatible with the old MagicInfo Server install. By uninstalling java and reinstalling the standard Server this service was back working but the client now as is understandable wants to have their java updates. So I've been trying to get Premium installed on my own machine in the office before I spend hours on site along with taking up the good time of the LFD support guys. We have used three different types of digital signage products and MagicInfo is the only one that gives trouble. The other two are practically plug and play, why is this product so hard to get to work and keep working?

And we're back to my impasse. Has anyone here had this problem and could they please explain how to install MagicInfo as it's not a straight installation.

Offline funman

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 09:43:44 AM »
I think I found what could cause most of the java errors with MagicInfo

The setup installs JRE6 but Tomcat is configured to use the default JVM on the computer so you could end up having JRE7 being used instead of the JRE6 from the setup.

So to solve this you have to tell Tomcat to use the right JVM

To do this :
1. Start a cmd prompt with admin privileges
2. Go to the tomcat\bin subdirectory of your magicinfo directory
3. Run tomcat6w.exe //MS//MagicInfoPremium
4. right click on the systray icon that just appearred and select configure
5. in the Java panel uncheck "Use default" and browse to the JRE6 install from the setup (ie C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\client\jvm.dll )
6. Restart the service

Hope it works for you too.

Jean-Michel Digneffe
Liège University

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 08:00:05 AM »
Thanks for the info Jean-Michel :-)

Best

EricL

Offline Doktor

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 04:32:32 PM »

Im am trying this as part of my trouble shooting  - http://www.signagehelp.com/magic/index.php/topic,2156.0.html

But when i try to run tomcat6w i just get this error: "The requested service is not installed. Unable to open the service tomcat6"..