MagicInfo on a SBB

• 15 Replies

Offline m.mirean

MagicInfo on a SBB
« on: January 12, 2010, 12:23:40 PM »
Hi,

I have a little problem. I tryed to install MagicInfo-i on a Back Box, all ok until I tried to conect it to the content server, with the browser it's all ok but the MpMain icon is still gray (the server configuration is the same made on a monitor with network card on it; it works). Any ideeas?

Thank you

PS: Sorry for my english. :)

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: MagicInfo on a SBB
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 08:25:29 AM »
Maghicinfo I works ok on SBB. It must be another setting that you need to sort out. Where is the server? On a LAN?

Bill

Offline m.mirean

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 01:23:10 AM »
Yes, the server is on the lan but the SBB does not conect. I checked all the settings but nothing.
ps: the same setting works with a 400UXn

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 12:47:45 PM »
Ok, there must be something on the LAN or your setup within your network, but you need to provide more information in order to be able to help you. It just doesn't work is not enough I am afraid! The forum needs some reference point to start helping you. I am not saying there is anything wrong with your LAN, though. Is this for Magicinfo I or Magicinfo pro?

Bill
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 02:00:23 PM by the master »

Offline PC Wizard

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 07:12:04 PM »
I have had a similar experience, so I'm wondering if there was ever a resolution to this problem.  Same situation with MagicInfo-i .... MagicInfo Pro worked fine on the exact same equipment, but MagicInfo-i won't seem to connect the player and the server.  Both machines are on the same subnet (10.x.x.x) and I have tried this with both static IPs and DHCP.  I have uninstalled and re-installed both client and server more times than I can count, tried FTP port 7521 instead of the standard 21, you name it, I may have tried it.  I can access the server at http://localhost:7001/MagicInfo and I can also access it from the client at http://serverIP:7001/MagicInfo.  I can ping the server from the client and the client from the server, so I don't think the network is the problem.  Any other ideas?

Paul Newman

Offline Chris Tout

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 03:21:48 PM »
We have just done the same thing at Brixham College.  Removed the Magicinfo Pro software and installed Magicinfo-I Standard.
Servers running on a VM, and appears to function fine (can publish from the author and access the web interface).

I've installed a client on a SBB-NT (black box) but I cannot get it to communicate with the server.

Have you had any luck getting it to work on an SBB-NT?  I've not tried it on the 3 large Samsung screens we have...

Offline Chris Tout

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 03:42:19 PM »
Looks like I have found the reason (after communicating with Samsung),

The SBB-NT only works with MagicInfo-I if it's connected to a Samsung LFD (Like the 460MX-2 or 650TS).
I guess the fact that it works on a 3rd party screen with the older MagicInfo Pro software was just an oversight...

Pity.

Offline mikeb

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 12:04:53 PM »
Thanks all for your posts - great to find a useful resource and an explaination of what I was seeing. Just to confirm the behaviour I've seen here:

1. SBB-NT plugged up via RGB to a standard desktop monitor, MagicInfo-I refuses to connect to server
2. Move SBB-NT to Samsung LFD plugged in via HDMI, connects to server, behaves as normal
3. Move SBB-NT back to desktop monitor, no connection
4. Repeat step 2 just to check not going nuts - works perfectly

The client I'm working for had bought seven of these to drive legacy displays moved from their old building.

The SBB-NT only works with MagicInfo-I if it's connected to a Samsung LFD (Like the 460MX-2 or 650TS).
Chris, I assume Samsung said this is by design? i.e. no way around it other than to switch everything back to MagicInfo Pro? (which would be an immense pain with 37 screens already configured with MagicInfo-I)

Now to break the bad news...  :(

Offline Chris Tout

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 12:16:06 PM »
To quote from my email corrospondence: - "This feature has been built into Samsung LFD and Samsung MII software. When the MagicInfo mode is turned on, then only the screens are detected. Otherwise, the screens are dummy monitors. This prevents misuse of MII software on 3rd party screens."

I was talking to Kartikay Malhotra <[email protected]>.

Sorry that this isn't what you wanted to hear! :(

Offline mikeb

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 10:51:00 AM »
Sorry that this isn't what you wanted to hear! :(

Not your fault Chris - no apologies necessary! :) Appreciate the contact, I'll follow up with Samsung and see where I can get to on this... I'll feed back on here if I have any joy.