HDMI in Content...

• 10 Replies

Offline Steven

• Major Guru
HDMI in Content...
« on: January 13, 2010, 02:47:46 AM »
I've pretty much got all of my content created, uploaded, and scheduled. However, I've input a 16:9 "Input" for the HDMI in my content (satellite feed) but when the content loads in MagicInfo the TV says "Not Available" and there's nothing where the the HDMI input is supposed to be playing. It works great with the AV input selected but I'd prefer to use the HDMI. Is there any reason for this occurance. I know it's not a resolution error as I created a test content at 1920x1080 with the HDMI input being the only thing on the content but get the same error. Can MagicInfo not handle picture in picture with HDMI or am I missing something???

Steven ???

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: HDMI in Content...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 08:39:01 AM »
What monitor model do you have? Only the DXn and UXn have PIP (Picrure In Picture) function.

Bill

Offline Steven

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 07:20:39 PM »
460DXN-2

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 07:29:31 AM »
I am surprised - I had thought that this model will support PIP (Picture In Picture). Your comments tell me that this is not the case. I haven't got this monitor model to be honest. I was told though that DXn-2 models are ok. Can you change the source, say to AV or PC and see if you get the same?

Bill

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 09:06:19 AM »
Hello, try changing the setting on your satellite box HDMI output to 720 instead of 1080.

EricL

Offline Steven

• Major Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 05:42:05 PM »
Sorry for the late response. The Unit DOES have PiP but it doesn't work with HDMI. I can only use AV within the MagicInfo Input. This is true regardless of the setting of the HDMI settings (720p, 1080i, etc.) because the unit won't even allow you to select HDMI as a PiP source.

Offline aaront

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 07:21:02 AM »
Can anyone tell me if the FPn-2 can display HDMI or any input content in a template window?? If not I am really, really, really starting to get that screwed over feeling if Samsung has made these sets not capable of this simple action. More importantly you would think Samsung would explicitly say this in it's product specs. I can't find anywhere that tells me that it does or does not. Foolish me for thinking that it would...

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 07:07:41 AM »
Steven is right. I just found out. PIP will only work on VGA I am afraid. My new 55 EXn unit is the same. Shame this because I had hoped Samsung will carry on with the old DXn philosophy. Ayway, I can confirm that you can use VGA.

Also with regards to the second post, the FPn this has the same scaler as the MXn and it means it cannot get PIP with MagicInfo pro.

Bill

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 04:50:12 PM »
Hi,

There is no displays in current Samsung LFD line up which support PIP with sources combination Magicinfo+HDMI.
New displays probably will support.

Regards,
D

Offline aaront

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 05:04:51 PM »
Then please explain to me why the function exists in the Magicinfo-i Author software? You can add an "input source" in a box/square on your template. Also the remote has a dedicated PIP button.