display network help please

• 2 Replies

Offline techtre2003

display network help please
« on: August 01, 2012, 08:29:10 PM »
We are in the process of new office space construction. We are planning on having multiple displays on the   *CENSORED*  floor and a display in each of 4 manager's offices. Every display will just have a continuous image of some kind of spreadsheet or sharepoint page that will display current inventory/  *CENSORED*  statistics. However, the managers want the ability to also be able to display their PC monitor on the display in their office if they are having a meeting. I have ordered 1 Samsung 400FP-3 with the add-in SIM-NT module just to get started and see how it works. Since all the displays will have the same image, can I add more 400FP-3 monitors without the SIM-NT onto the network to display what is on the "main" monitor; or does every display have to have the SIM-NT unit? Also, how would I switch from having the continuous display in the manager's office to show his PC desktop? Am I headed in the right direction trying to accomplish this with MagicInfo Pro or do I need to look at another solution? Any advice would be appreciated!

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: display network help please
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 01:08:47 PM »
So your continuous image will be run via the magicinfo software this should be fine i have something similar in my setup
10 monitors running stats for staff in various sectors however able to show a pc image also you could give them the remote for the tv and allow them to switch the tv from source Magicinfopro  to PC  when they wish to see their desktop that is the easiest way
cannot think of another way that would be of any help.

Offline techtre2003

Re: display network help please
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 05:58:28 PM »
I went out and looked at the construction today. Luckily I have 2 cat6 cables running to where the monitors will be mounted so I can go ahead and just use a balan and like you said go HDMI in when they want to use their PCs.