I'm Stumped-- MagicInfoPro won't do anything.

• 9 Replies

Offline GTromba

I'm Stumped-- MagicInfoPro won't do anything.
« on: August 28, 2012, 05:39:24 PM »
I'm fairly new to this whole MagicInfo Pro thing, and have basically been self teaching. One of my supervisors knows enough to keep our main screens functional, but someone who does not work for us anymore set all of them up. We've got MagicInfo Pro version 2600.15.

We have a total of 5 screens that use/run Magic Info Pro. 4 are set up in our main area, and work fine.
One is set up in a seperate building, and is the one we're having problems with. This TV is set up with Windows XP to run the program from, and does not have wireless access to anything. It has the Original MagicInfo installed on it, as well as MagicInfo Pro. The only way we can get MagicInfo Pro to even run is to start MagicInfo (Original) and use Alt+F4 to close it, right click the MagicInfo Pro icon and tell it to 'Run As' and select the Administrator.  When the program opens, it displays a purple and black planet with a purple ring around it and does nothing. There isn't a way to access the Scheduler program or anything at all. When I use Alt+Tab, I can see the scheduler program along with XL TICKER at the bottom, but clicking on either one does nothing.

When I press F1 for help, it tells me my help file can not be located and that I should reinstall it. (I'm assuming it means the help file, not the whole program.) The only thing that I can really think to do at this point IS to reinstall the program. F1 is the only reaction the program even gives me, and thats to tell me there isn't a help file. Otherwise we have our brilliant little planet, just a turning away.

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
Re: I'm Stumped-- MagicInfoPro won't do anything.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 06:07:47 PM »
Hi, hit windows key to see the bottom task bar - then - do you see the menu when you right click on the program icon on the far right?

Offline GTromba

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 07:10:51 PM »
Okay so! I went out to the other building, and right clicked on the icon. It gave me a lovely little menu that included About, EWF, Password, Setup, Rotation, Run and Exit. The options responded, and I found out that the version of MagicInfo Pro on that TV is 3102.0! I could make changes to the orientation of the screen with this menu and changes to the background color, but it continued to display the little swirling planet with the ring on it.

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 08:16:42 PM »
Ok, good, that means it's working  ;D

Now, on that menu choose exit to close the program.

Double click on my computer on the desktop.

Double click on local disc D.

Right click on SScheduler.exe

Choose open with - notepad.

Now, if you read the text in there you should see if a schedule has been set to run for the current date.

If not the panel will normally display the default planet logo until a screen design is created then a schedule created for the current date then the two are published to the panel.

This sounds like the position you are currently in..

Offline GTromba

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 08:45:44 PM »
How do I make it so that the screens are scheduled? Everything you've told me so far has been completely on the right track, and I'm sooooo thankful to you-- you have no idea! <3

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 09:40:12 PM »
Goodo, in your first post I think you said there was no network connection to the screen, is that right?

Are you planning to run it on a network or standalone?

Offline GTromba

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 12:40:47 PM »
We're running it standalone, our IT department says we can't bridge the connection between the buildings to put it on the network (which I know is wrong, but I let them do their job and I do mine.)

Offline GTromba

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 03:43:58 PM »
I hate to bump this thread when it really isn't that far out of sight, but I've been getting a lot of pressure from my supervisors to find an answer, so if anyone could help me figure out how to fix the fact that the system thinks that it isn't scheduled to do anything. I can't even get this program to open up the normal scheduling program to publish/tell it to schedule something like I do normally on our other 5 screens.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 01:37:50 PM »
The MagicInfo pro player looks for the D:\ drive to upload the content. There are two files with filename.scl and filename.scn that is looking for. The .scn is teh screen design and the scl is the schedule. There is a folder called Screen which has all the content of your template.

So you need these three items to get the MagicInfo pro player playing the content. You can copy all these files on a USB stick and then ask the player to play it from there. If you get out of MagicInfo pro player by prssing escape, right click on the bottom right hand corner of the MagicInfo and select the setup and the play from local file.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 08:25:37 AM »
Hi,
why don't you publish from an usb key? if i remember you can from MagicInfo server publish a a schedule on an usb key, and next put it in a player who hasn't network for run content. i don't remember how you can make this... i've made it a long time ago for test....
if that can help you say me and i'll try to say you how make this.....
i hope that can help you
excuse me for my broken english i'm french
have a nice day

Sébastien

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A tous ceux qui souhaitent télécharger le logiciel Magicinfo Pro de Samsung, je vous mets un lien pour obtenir Magicinfo

Pro gratuitement et dans sa dernière version :

http://www.comaudiovideo.com/fr/logiciel/103-logiciel-magicinfo-pro.html

Vous trouverez également sur ce site, des formations au logiciel et également des solutions de gestion de parcs d'écrans

ainsi que d'autres versions de logiciels d'affichage dynamique.

Si vous avez besoin d'infos complémentaires je vous laisse un téléphone: 02 32 23 26 03