Content Change via some Net Share Folder / Shutdown WakeUp Day Night

• 2 Replies

Offline bg

• Major Guru
hi there,

we switched from magicinfo-pro to magicinfo-i , which is more comfortable for us to manage.

We want the content-change process more easily , why is it not possible to just change the uploaded content the file in it ? so we always have to create a new content and delete the old content , also its not possible to just change "this newly content" in the scheduler , you have to delete the schedule and create a new one.

its just not understand-able for me , if i create "new content" i can choose my file to upload , but why its not possible to press "edit" and then change the file... that would help much more!
its useless if the LFD's are polling the server for new scheduler every 5secs but the content change is quite time-wasting.
i would like to see an option for a typical dumb user to just put a new file into some netshare folder and then this stuff gets published to the screens after x-seconds. isnt this possible?

i checked out the magicinfo directories, i found the PPT uploaded into

C:\MagicInfo-i\runtime\content_upload\71A157F0-11AB-499F-A2AB-D83121682C65

those number directories get dynamically generated, yeah.. i tried to just change the file inside , but that doenst help the db isnt recoqnizing this as change, so nothing get changed on the LFD's ...

well then i tried on the repository directory on the LFD's themselves:

d:\Repository\Contents\71A157F0-11AB-499F-A2AB-D83121682C65

thats interesting but points into FTP resume problem ;-) if your new PPT file is e.g. lesser of size..

just an example, you got 300kb file inside the repository directory, then you stop the LFD's to not show this file, then you delete and put your same-named file into , then you put the LFD back online.. and the exchanged PPT is shown, but the file itself resumed the last 200kb ;-9 of the server . so the file is bad-format in longterm ;-) ...

so that doesnt help us, and is playing around and not supported.. any other ideas??

what i also miss is :

-remote on/off via the webui of magicinfo-i , why is this working in magicinfo-pro and not in magic-info-i ? or im dumb to find this option? i still have the magicinfo-pro isntalled on the server to just "turn those screens on" every day.-

-the LFDs dont come with "shutdown.exe" preinstalled, so google says one should download Windows XP Embedded SP2 Feature Pack 2007 this 100mb package included the shutdown, well the C-drive isnt big, so perhaps we can just exchange the shutdown tool from some xp-pro , we have to test it.

i tried the wakeup by sending the LFD into standby , some task reactivated it , but the vnc wasnt alive then, because the screen was locked, perhasp we should integrate as service, otherwise switch of the lock-screen after waking up from standby.

Is there someone who solved it via some real shutdown and wakeup e..g every morning and every evening?

Offline leeman

Re: Content Change via some Net Share Folder / Shutdown WakeUp Day Night
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 06:04:55 AM »
hi,

I cant exactly help with making the content creation easier... but for your on/off issue...whilst not the most ideal answer, you will probably find the next easiest "shut down/restart" option is to set the internal Time on the panel via the OSD.

This will then allow you to set an "On/OFF Timer", with Source Volume control etc etc.

This method is safe as it actually shuts down XPe or WES correctly to avoid any data corruption.

I use this across 21 panels, and MagicInfo -Pro and I work seamlessly.

Hope this helps.
Lee

hi there,

we switched from magicinfo-pro to magicinfo-i , which is more comfortable for us to manage.

We want the content-change process more easily , why is it not possible to just change the uploaded content the file in it ? so we always have to create a new content and delete the old content , also its not possible to just change "this newly content" in the scheduler , you have to delete the schedule and create a new one.

its just not understand-able for me , if i create "new content" i can choose my file to upload , but why its not possible to press "edit" and then change the file... that would help much more!
its useless if the LFD's are polling the server for new scheduler every 5secs but the content change is quite time-wasting.
i would like to see an option for a typical dumb user to just put a new file into some netshare folder and then this stuff gets published to the screens after x-seconds. isnt this possible?

i checked out the magicinfo directories, i found the PPT uploaded into

C:\MagicInfo-i\runtime\content_upload\71A157F0-11AB-499F-A2AB-D83121682C65

those number directories get dynamically generated, yeah.. i tried to just change the file inside , but that doenst help the db isnt recoqnizing this as change, so nothing get changed on the LFD's ...

well then i tried on the repository directory on the LFD's themselves:

d:\Repository\Contents\71A157F0-11AB-499F-A2AB-D83121682C65

thats interesting but points into FTP resume problem ;-) if your new PPT file is e.g. lesser of size..

just an example, you got 300kb file inside the repository directory, then you stop the LFD's to not show this file, then you delete and put your same-named file into , then you put the LFD back online.. and the exchanged PPT is shown, but the file itself resumed the last 200kb ;-9 of the server . so the file is bad-format in longterm ;-) ...

so that doesnt help us, and is playing around and not supported.. any other ideas??

what i also miss is :

-remote on/off via the webui of magicinfo-i , why is this working in magicinfo-pro and not in magic-info-i ? or im dumb to find this option? i still have the magicinfo-pro isntalled on the server to just "turn those screens on" every day.-

-the LFDs dont come with "shutdown.exe" preinstalled, so google says one should download Windows XP Embedded SP2 Feature Pack 2007 this 100mb package included the shutdown, well the C-drive isnt big, so perhaps we can just exchange the shutdown tool from some xp-pro , we have to test it.

i tried the wakeup by sending the LFD into standby , some task reactivated it , but the vnc wasnt alive then, because the screen was locked, perhasp we should integrate as service, otherwise switch of the lock-screen after waking up from standby.

Is there someone who solved it via some real shutdown and wakeup e..g every morning and every evening?

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Content Change via some Net Share Folder / Shutdown WakeUp Day Night
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 08:48:21 AM »
Very good and informative points posted by bg. There is a problem here and using the OSD to switch On/Off the monitors maybe the only option. The issue is that somehow with Magicinfo pro you can set the Panel Off function, but this turns the panel Off - NOT the embedded PC. With Shutdown it will turn it Off completely. But using WOL will rectify the issue. The problem here is that one has to do some work before is done cleanly and I have chosen to use the OSD option for the time being.

Bill