Panel turns off but audio continues

• 1 Replies

Offline psa

• Major Guru
Panel turns off but audio continues
« on: August 14, 2012, 09:32:52 AM »
I'm trying to get our screens to turn off at 5pm every day and awake again at 8am. I'm using the 'Schedule Constraints' to turn off the device panel for those hours but it does only turn off the screen, leaving any audio playing (such as the TV, if that was displaying prior to the panel turning off).

I could probably create a content file which displays a blank screen with no audio for those hours but it seems a bit wasteful and inelegant. Is there a better way to tackle this?

Ideally, since the screens are permanently connected to a server, the server ought to be able to send a shutdown instruction at 5pm and a wake-on-lan packet at 8am. Is this possible?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Offline s_schopen

• Super Guru
Re: Panel turns off but audio continues
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 01:59:35 PM »
As far as I know you can set shutdown and operation times by using the timer of the display itself. If you use the functionality in the schedule, just the screen will be turned out, not the complete display. The networkcard would be still working and you can still ping the display over your network (as far as pings are allowed in the firewall settings).

I am using the timer of the displays here. I do not want them to be turned on the whole weekend through.

Was this kind of help for you?

Cheers,

Sabrina