Black Screen only says magic info

• 5 Replies

Offline jcba

Black Screen only says magic info
« on: September 03, 2012, 03:04:29 PM »
howdy, arrived this morning to my new job to find the inherited magic pro system none functional. after walking around i find that the signage all shows a black screen with just the magic pro logo on. i have finally gained access to the server but am pretty stumped as to where i go now...

i have tried right clicking on the screens on the schedule pane and clicking 'power on' but nothing happens.

please help :D

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Black Screen only says magic info
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 03:51:58 PM »
Hi

if the logo is displaying then the screens are on and waiting for a scheduled show to display.

First you have to create what you want to dispaly on your screens, maybe a powerpoint show or a mixture of video, flash and web pages.

You do this by using the server software you have open.

Click on the icon of a screen in the top left corner.

Build your creation.

Now save it.

Then click on the icon next to it that looks like a stop watch.

This is where you schedule when you want your screens to display what you have just created.

Now, after that you need to send all the information to your screens so they can display it.

You do this in the same interface as the scheduler, tick the screens at the bottom of the page you want to send the information to then click the icon at the top of the page to the left of the bin, it is called network publish when you hover over it..

Wait till it has finished sending (publishing) the information to the screens.

Now when your scheduled time is reached the screens should display your creation..  easy! (maybe)  :)

Once you get something to display then you are halfway there, just need to tweak your creation until you're happy.

You can set different shows to appear at different times on different screens, the sky is pretty much the limit-it's a good system, in fact probably the best networked digital signage system once you get the hang of it!

Hope it helps.

Offline jcba

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 03:57:28 PM »
thanks fluidium that did help me understand the software better but unfortunatly didnt solve the issue. at the bottom of the scheduler the screens are showing as 'not connected'. i have manually vnc'd on to the closest one to check, it is powered on and awaiting but zip.

thanks in advance!

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 04:24:47 PM »
Ok, if the screens are connected to the server correctly via the network the rectangular icons in the list of screens on the far left should be blue with a little clock-if they are whiteish with no clock the screens are not connecting properly.

This could be a network issue but the first thing to check is if they are connecting via server name and the screen settings and server name match.

Offline jcba

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 04:33:26 PM »
i have sussed it. apparently i have to login to the windows server with the 'correct' user account. i noticed this on another post when searching through. Thanks for your help fluidium! now i have to figure out why the three canteen screens have not presentation/video thingy scheduled to them (then how to do that)

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 12:36:52 PM »
hi jcba,
if that can help you, i can sent you two files for help you to progress with magicinfo. (manual english and guide)
i hope that can help you
mail me at [email protected] if you want files, they are too big for be post
have a nice day
excume me for my english, i'm french

Sébastien
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A tous ceux qui souhaitent télécharger le logiciel Magicinfo Pro de Samsung, je vous mets un lien pour obtenir Magicinfo Pro gratuitement et dans sa dernière version :

http://www.comaudiovideo.com/fr/logiciel/103-logiciel-magicinfo-pro.html

Vous trouverez également sur ce site, des formations au logiciel et également des solutions de gestion de parcs d'écrans ainsi que d'autres versions de logiciels d'affichage dynamique.

Si vous avez besoin d'infos complémentaires je vous laisse un téléphone: 02 32 23 26 03