Problems with MagicInfo Pro and VideoWall

• 5 Replies

Offline Maver

Problems with MagicInfo Pro and VideoWall
« on: November 20, 2009, 10:00:32 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie in this forum, but I've find many useful things, and I'm grateful to everyone.
Now I'm a question:
my company has a videowall 3x3 of 460UXn, controlled with a "Vista" PC using MagicInfo Pro.
I've created a "screen" with 2 jpg image and an avi video file: the images are one left and one right, and the video is in the bottom.
I check the thumbnail on my pc, and seems to be ok.
When I publish the screen on the videowall, it display first the two image and after the video, not simultaneously, but first one image in full screen, after the second image in full screen, and in the end the video in full screen, but I need to see the three things toghether in a smaller size.

What happens?

I think that I'm not using the latest version of MagicInfo on my PC or on the monitor....Can someone say me what are the latest version, and where I can find them?

Thanks a lot in advance

p.s.: I'm sorry if I've made a stupid question, but in Italy seems that noboby know enough this software
Also I'm really sorry for my terrible english

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Problems with MagicInfo Pro and VideoWall
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 08:27:07 AM »
Doing a video wall with magicinfopro is not difficult. You need to create a new videowall group and drag each screen into it. You need to name each screen with appropriate name and understand whete their position is on the videowall.

1) Click on Network
2) Right Click on the VM name and do the Group Settings
3) Create a VW schedule (JPG or Movie) and create a schedule
4) Go to each individual screen, right click and setit to the appropriate position within the wall

Does this help?

Bill

Offline bvdecicco

• Super Guru
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 03:45:44 PM »
When I go to set the VideoWall to On and set the position, it holds the setting for a couple of seconds and then goes back to the default. Any ideas?

Offline bvdecicco

• Super Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 07:36:30 PM »
OK. I get it now. Ypu have to specifically have a Screen that is a video wall screen. Then you have to go in and assign each screen to its correct position within that wall. Is there a way to tell the software that each display is always in the same positition and to use that position for each and every video wall? Seems like an honest request.

Offline dsndsn2009

• Major Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 10:13:57 AM »
Hi,
I have your problem : When I go to set the VideoWall to On and set the position, it holds the setting for a couple of seconds and then goes back to the default. Can You help me ?

Thanks.

dsndsn

Offline bvdecicco

• Super Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 03:54:16 PM »
dsndsn - in my last post, I mentioned that I have found it is not possible to set it the way we are led to believe we can (or that it should) I also spoke to the Samsung call center and they confirmed. So, it's necessary to set it individually for each piece of content you are placing in the schedule. I think that you can place all of your content, and then edit one and tell it to apply to all for each individual screen.