Differences between magicnet X megicinfo magicinfo pro & magicinfo-I

• 7 Replies

Offline artschoolla

Hello   :D

we are looking at purchasing some display screens for our school but I cannot work out the differences between the Samsung systems. There is information on the net but it seems to be a bit sparse so my newbie question is this-

What is the difference between magicnet X megicinfo magicinfo pro & magicinfo-I

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Differences between magicnet X megicinfo magicinfo pro & magicinfo-I
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 09:50:54 AM »
Hello, the Samsung product line is quite extensive. From 32" to 82". Within this range, there are different models, CX(n), MX(n), DX(n) and TSn. The letter 'n' means it is a Network monitor. These monitors have Windows XP embedded, and MagicInfo Pro player in installed in all these systems. You have a scheduler/server so that you can compile templates and send content to the monitors through the network. This is a great product and very easy to use. I have some templates that I can send you if you want. These templates have turn the screen off, have BBC 24-hour news, RSS feeds and general easy made templates.

Regars, Bill Coral

Offline artschoolla

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 01:42:20 PM »
Thanks Bill, that is very informative, I have downloaded the magicinfo pro software and installed it now-i would like to take you up on your offer of a template to start me off please  ;)

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 06:07:26 PM »
OK, here is the BBC and the RSS feeds template. Save this to a folder (or desktop - whatever you want) You can shift the frames where you want. You need to go to Library, Tools, Screen, Import and that will be it!

Regards

Bill

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 06:23:49 PM »
Sorry, I forgot to send you the link:

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=Y1RybUpaYUlQb0x2Wmc9PQ

Bill

Offline Benji

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 12:58:14 AM »
Hi,

We too are investigating digital signage for our school, could you please let me know where you were able to download a copy of MagicInfo Pro, I'd like to get a feel for the software.

Thanks
Ben

Offline artschoolla

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 07:54:31 AM »
Hi Ben

we downloaded the software from here http://www.samsung.com/us/upgrade/magicinfo_pro_upgrade.zip it has the full system in the zip file  ;D

Offline artschoolla

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 08:00:37 AM »
Bill, thanks so much-I have BBC live news tv from the Internat playing on my preview screen from the file you pointed me to. that's amazing, I didn't realise that this was even possible-I am playing around with it now and so far it seems pretty simple to create screens exactly how I want them  ;D

Will let you know how things progress-thanks very much for your help.