Embed Streaming Video

• 11 Replies

Offline hudsonma

• Major Guru
Embed Streaming Video
« on: January 22, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »
The company I work for has a streaming video feed from Fox News.  I want to embed it in the display to play for a certain amount of time and then shut off and display other media for a while.  The problem is that whenever the video starts streaming, it opens up in windows media player and not embedded in the scn file.  Is there anyway to embed it?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Embed Streaming Video
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 08:19:47 AM »
Do you have an mms URL? Is this what it is? You can create a web page and then embed the video stream and then post/schedule the html page. I am not sure I understand exactly - maybe this will help you progress.

Bill

Offline hudsonma

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 02:23:37 PM »
It is an mms URL.  I also thought about making a web page and although it works fine on my computer and preview screen, it crashes once its published to the monitor.  It seems like windows media player won't open the mms link. 

Offline Dmitry

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 06:04:19 PM »
Could it be codec issue? I would check that.
Dmitry

Offline hudsonma

• Major Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 05:46:29 PM »
I'm not very familiar with codec related issues.  How would I go about troubleshooting that?

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 11:40:45 AM »
If you have the mms URL, then the easiest thing to do is to create a web frame, and then enter the mms URL on that. You also have the appropriate offsets to do your pan across. Can you send the mms URL and I will check.

Bill

Offline FruF

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 12:46:55 PM »
The Monitor Windows cannot easily show MMS.
VNC to Monitor and try it manually if the MMS works.
It will probably not work and u will have to install the codecs.

We have a codecpack @ codecguide installed. Although embedded Videos will mostly work sometimes we have to
show them @ external player.

Offline hudsonma

• Major Guru
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 02:29:18 PM »
The mms i'm trying to use is inside of our private work network, so I highly doubt you'd be able to get to it if I gave you the address.  If I go to the monitors and enter the mms address manually in Internet Explorer, it opens an instance of Windows Media Player and gives me the error: The instruction at "0x4f234428" referenced memory at "0x000007d0."  The memory could not be "read."

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 08:40:59 PM »
Well OK, remember that the Media player used is version 9. Maybe your content or video is encoded with some fancy new stuff. Not sure what to advise you really. Maybe I don't understand your problem. What I know is that streaming does work ok for me for PPT files, Photos and Videos.

The only two snags I have are: 1) make my departments save any new content to the original name, as I have only registered files with one name and 2) have my server running all the time - if there is ever a glitch on the network then I have to republish.

Bill

Offline spoox

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 01:33:58 PM »
I know this topic is pretty old but we had similar issue and the solution we used was to install vlc and then embed the mms using vlc embed code and this is working fine.  hope it helps somebody.