Help with displaying Office files

• 7 Replies

Offline boyddt_mn

Help with displaying Office files
« on: September 10, 2012, 05:42:04 PM »
hello and thank you in advance. I have a Samsung monitor that has the MagicInfo software on it. I am trying to display some office files as a test and I am failing miserably. I've gone through some of the entries on this site about issues with documents and I've installed the update and patch so that I'm running 2600.16 on my 'server' and I installed the software on the Samsung monitor. The one thing I didn't do is run the patch on the Samsung monitor. When I create a screen with a simple word document, on the server it only shows "Navigation to the web page was canceled" and when I publish it to the monitor it displays "This program connot dispay the webpage". On the monitor, I've installed the Excel and Word viewers and I'm able to open the documents I'm testing with outside of MagicInfo. The files are stored on the server in a shared directory that the monitor has access to.

Does anybody have any ideas?

David

Offline boyddt_mn

Re: Help with displaying Office files
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 08:45:17 PM »
Are there any ideas out there? Anybody?

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 08:02:41 AM »
I would think the first stage is to update the screen software if you have updated the server.

Let us know if it makes a difference.

Best regards

Offline boyddt_mn

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 10:33:34 PM »
So I checked the monitor and it is running version 3102.5 of MagicInfo and IE 8. No change

Offline boyddt_mn

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 11:03:41 PM »
As a follow up. The only things I can make work with this software is a colored background - not a photo, a text area and a web page. I cannot get flash, office, movie or a photo area to work. Flash displays and empty box on the monitor and the photo and movies I might be doing something wrong and I'm not concerned about them right now. Also, the Message feature doesn't work with nothing showing on the monitor.

David

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 10:26:25 AM »
hi,
for a word or an excel files, you must enter this value in your MagicInfo Server of your Area Office:
Input Enable : off
Viewer : off (if it's on On, that create a bug...., MIP Server search after Powerpoint Viewer, not Word or Excel Wiewer....)
Have you install flash player on screen?
have you install some few codecs on screen for movies? (like klite codec pack)
can you display Powerpoint? (install powerpoint viewer 2007 on screen, not office pack...)
on your screens, i suggest you install:
Powerpoint viewer 2007
Word viewer 2003
excel viewer 2007
flash player
adobe reader (if you want put pdf)
klite codec pack (for movies)
compatibility pack office 2007
before install this: disable EWF
install all
reactivat EWF
I hope have help you
Excuse me for my broken english i'm french

Sébastien
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A tous ceux qui souhaitent télécharger le logiciel Magicinfo Pro de Samsung, je vous mets un lien pour obtenir Magicinfo Pro gratuitement et dans sa dernière version :

http://www.comaudiovideo.com/fr/logiciel/103-logiciel-magicinfo-pro.html

Vous trouverez également sur ce site, des formations au logiciel et également des solutions de gestion de parcs d'écrans ainsi que d'autres versions de logiciels d'affichage dynamique.

Offline boyddt_mn

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 09:45:49 PM »
Sébastien, Again thank you for your help but I'm not able to make any head way on this issue. I've gone through your settings and I did have viewer set to on. I changed it per your suggestion and I continue to get the "This program connot dispaly the webpage" error. This occurs for both word and excel files.

Just to clarify, this is how I'm setup. On the PC with the MagicInfo Server software I have a shared directory that stores all of my files I want to display. From the library in MagicInfo, I have imported these files.

In my screen I have one area "Office1", size set to 800x600. When I add the file to the area I get a "File Download" window that wants to know if I want to Open, Save or Cancel. I have tried all three options and nothing changes.

At this point I publish the screen to the Samsung and I get my error.

On the Samsung side, the monitor has been added to our Domain and I have a domain user setup to auto-logon. I have installed Adobe Reader, Flash and Shockwave players, Excel & Word viewers. From the Samsung monitor I can navigate to the share on the MagicInfo server and open each of the files with the associated viewer. I had Office Pro 2003 installed but removed it.

MagicInfo Server Pro    v2600.16
MagicInfo Client   v3102.5

I've included some screen shots to help clarify my settings.

David

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 09:58:43 AM »
hi,
i think on your server pc that the word viewer is not installed it for this you can't see your files....
on the screen, if you've the viewers installed, have you at last run it one more time for accept the licence contrat? if not, you must launch it one time, make an ewf for valid, and after you will not have the display message
can you say me if that help you?
i've post you a picture of my server with an office area an a word files
you can see that i've a html page. it's normal i haven't a word viewer install on my server pc. if i publih on my screen it's ok, because i've install a word viewer, and run it one time for accept licence, and make an ewf commit after
Sébastien
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A tous ceux qui souhaitent télécharger le logiciel Magicinfo Pro de Samsung, je vous mets un lien pour obtenir Magicinfo

Pro gratuitement et dans sa dernière version :

http://www.comaudiovideo.com/fr/logiciel/103-logiciel-magicinfo-pro.html

Vous trouverez également sur ce site, des formations au logiciel et également des solutions de gestion de parcs d'écrans

ainsi que d'autres versions de logiciels d'affichage dynamique.

Si vous avez besoin d'infos complémentaires je vous laisse un téléphone: 02 32 23 26 03