Content Server

• 10 Replies

Offline action

Content Server
« on: January 28, 2010, 02:54:33 PM »
Hi all!  My company is in the very early stages of implementing Digital Signage at our various locations.  With a little trial and error, and through the help of this site, we've sort of got the hand of MagicInfo Pro.  It's a very simple solution to get your message out there. 

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much documentation for the software.  I'm looking to explore the whole "content server" thing, but I can't seem to find any info at all.  If someone has any knowledge of it, could they maybe give me a run down of what it's all about?

thanks
Mike

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Content Server
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 06:29:02 PM »
There are Power Point Files posted on this Forum to see how you can make the whole thing work. If you still have an issue, let me know and I will send you the files. The Content Server is a good concept, you can use it when replicating content in the evening and then dropping your Scheduler connection. I have got it to work Ok, let me know if you need some instructions.

Bill

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 11:02:19 AM »
I am interested in learning about content server but can't find these ppt files Bill has mentioned. Could someone point them out to me (if they are still available) or any other resources considering Content server.

thx

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 05:40:43 PM »
http://www.magicinfopro.com/magic/index.php/topic,100.0.html

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 06:40:42 PM »
Thx but I already have this and there isn't any explanation about what exactly content server is.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 06:27:58 PM »
Using a Content Server is simple. You basically have a PC that is running it at a remote site which takes care all local monitors attached to the same LAN. You replicate all content to these Content Servers (wherever they are) and then your MagicInfo pro server/scheduler bails out of the connection.

To set up a Content Server must be done over the Internet and MAC addresses are used. I think I have some documentation and I will try to post it when I find it.

Bill

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 06:51:47 PM »
OK I understand what the concept is and maybe even could use it. If you do find documentation please post it.

Thanks

Offline ssmiley

• Major Guru
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 02:20:39 PM »
Bill,

I too would like more info on this Content Server.
Do you have a link to the content server software?

Thanks

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 12:24:46 AM »
The Content Server is located in the Mediafire FTP site. Here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bt19iztkunva99u

I have also posted a PPT file that has some information how to use/install it. Here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?e85gak959nrie

Bill

Offline rickmcd

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 05:19:44 PM »
OK. I set this up and went through all the steps. I setup the contents server on the same network as my remote display.

I see the contents server from the MagicInfo Pro server at our main location and synchronized it. It looks a little different on my MagicInfo Pro setup.

Unfortunately, after I completed all the steps in the little 4 slide PowerPoint, but I still do not see my remote display. Am I supposed to install the MagicInfo Pro server on the machine with the Contents Server, too?