"MagicInfo-i server service is halted" - problem

• 16 Replies

Offline Milan

"MagicInfo-i server service is halted" - problem
« on: September 27, 2012, 01:47:04 PM »
Hello to all,

I really hope that you could help me, because the contact form on the official web site http://www.samsunglfd.com/support/contactUsWriteForm.do is not working.  ???

So, here goes..
Recently, one of our clients purchased 60 TV's with set-top boxes and wants them installed on a location inside a shopping mall. We have been selected to install the equipment and administer the publishing of contents on all locations.

We have one Samsung 55" TV with a set-top box at our disposal for testing and right now we are having problems with MagicInfo-i Premium Server.

Namely, today we have successfully installed MagicInfo-i Premium Edition Author V1.0 Build NA-MIIPA-1007.0.exe on Windows XP (SP3) and connected the server to the 55" TV, we have uploaded contents and published them.
Everything worked well, except we weren't able to connect to the server from another computer inside our network.

However, this was the first issue which I wanted to ask you about, but something happened and now we are unable to start MagicInfo-i server.

I accidentally clicked the "Stop Services" button at MagicInfo-i server Config Tool and the service halted.
When I clicked again to Start the service, nothing happened, except in the dialogue box it says:
"MagicInfo-i server service is halted."
and
"UltraVNC Repeater service is running."

I checked the Event logs for this occurence and it says:
"The MagicInfo-i Premium Edition Server service terminated with service-specific error 0 (0x0)."

When I try to start the service from Windows Services, it gives the following message:
"Windows could not start the MagicInfo-i Premium Edition Server on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 0."

I've searched the internet for this problem and found this forum with a thread, where the suggestion is:

-------------------------------------------------------
Uninstall all instances of Java on MagicInfo server PC.
Uninstall Mii server
Reboot PC
Install Mii server
-------------------------------------------------------

Is this the only solution?! Or perhaps, you've found some other solution which we could use?
Right now it's not a problem to re-install everything, but when the complete infrastructure is connected at our client's location (we are talking about 60 TV's with set-top boxes) this will be unacceptable in terms of time and resources.

Any help will be more than appreciated.
Thanks.

Offline ChrisN1313

Re: "MagicInfo-i server service is halted" - problem
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 08:01:45 PM »
Same thing here. Anyone able to figure this out.

I have MagicInfo running on a 2k3 box. Im migrating it over to my 2008 r2 box.

Offline shshai

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 01:26:12 PM »
same here!
Can't start the MagicInfo-i Premium Edition Server service.

Offline ChrisN1313

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 05:49:35 PM »
anybody?

Offline WSC.lee.s

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 12:10:08 PM »
Are you right clicking and running as administrator?

Viewing as normal user means the services appear as halted when they are in fact running.

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 08:26:23 PM »
SAME HERE!
I have not touched this machine since Feb/March.  I recently started it up and it automatically installed some Microsoft Updates. Perhaps that's what ruined the installation?
I did go and remove all the updates that were recently installed but it didn't seem to fix the problem. :(

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 08:32:57 PM »
I forgot to add, I did not do any Java updates. Just checked my system and it says I have NO java installed. Wonder how that happened. I guess I need to figure out what version I'm supposed to have and install it.

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 08:51:09 PM »
I forgot to add, I did not do any Java updates. Just checked my system and it says I have NO java installed. Wonder how that happened. I guess I need to figure out what version I'm supposed to have and install it.
JRE6 update 34 reinstalled and it seems to be working just fine now!
I checked the event viewer and for some reason my java was totally uninstalled on May 6th. It may or may not have had something to do with the Microsoft Security Essentials I also installed around the same time. Anyway, no need to reinstall magicinfo server for me, I just downloaded the jre6 update 34 and installed it, and it's working now.

Offline mikeonline

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 07:41:02 PM »
I am having the exact same issue the original poster placed, and tried the troubleshooting steps listed on this website. This has been working fine for years, and after a reboot the MagicInfo-I Service will no longer start and is always halted.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 08:15:27 PM »
do you have any antivirus software on the server?