Screen Timings

• 7 Replies

Offline smudgess

• Super Guru
Screen Timings
« on: October 05, 2009, 02:48:47 PM »
Another question from a new user with no support.  I've created a screen with a variety of content - picture, web and text but they all display at once.  I want to set timings so they display individually and continuously scroll but can't work out how to.  Help please!

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
Re: Screen Timings
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 03:13:55 PM »
If you go to the left hand tree menu when in the design view you will see all the objects you have inserted on the screen. If you click on the area tag of an object then scroll down to the bottom of the options you will see the start time/stop time and duration. Using these you can choose when the object appears and disappears. Also the main background time can be changed from a default of one hour (loop) to a different length of time meaning the times available on individual objects will change to reflect this..

Hope that makes sense to you  :-\

Offline smudgess

• Super Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 03:43:21 PM »
Thanks for the speedy post.  I have tried using these settings without success (must have done something wrong)  but now I know that I'm on the right track I'll persevere.    ???

Offline malbenson

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 01:04:34 PM »
We do it as London-I describes it if that's any help  :-\

Offline smudgess

• Super Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 01:30:29 PM »
If you could that would be great.  I've done as suggested but the items still move on almost immediately and then stop - I want them to be on screen for a minute each and loop continuously.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 05:39:37 PM »
When you create a template, it is assumed to be for an hour. You can change this as from previous postings from another person. So you can add any element Photo, Web, Movie, and so forth and dictate each one when to start and how long for. In fact you can create a template for 8 hours and have different layers with different content coming up and disappearing to your liking. In that way you can only address the monitor(s) only once. In can send you a couple of JPGs to show you how this is done.

Regards

Bill

Offline smudgess

• Super Guru
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 01:36:21 PM »
Yes please - jpgs would be really helpful.  Your suggestion of an 8 hour template is perfect for what I'm trying to do.  Trouble is I still can't get the timings to work - the items simply display one after the other with no delay!

Offline smudgess

• Super Guru
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 03:58:56 PM »
Success at last - thanks very much to those who offered help.  It does involve a certain amount of logical thinking which is not my forte!    :D