How do i find screens on the network?

• 1 Replies

Offline Webh

How do i find screens on the network?
« on: November 02, 2012, 05:55:40 PM »
Hi

I just "inherited" 6 Samsung screens that are used with Magicinfo Pro and I am at a total loss at what to do here. Ive tried downloading the program for magicinfopro on my officecomputer and ive set IP adress to connect the screens to my officecomputer but I cant find the screen in the program

The most important thing for me is to stop the screens from turning off automatically.

Right now they close at a set time, 18.00 i need them to turn off at 19.00 (we just went from summertime to wintertime and the screens shut down 1 hour before our store closes)

As i said, i have no prior knowledge to this program and I dont even know which screens I have or if I have the right program installed for it. But hopefully I can find some help here, heres to hoping!

Thanks in advance!

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
Re: How do i find screens on the network?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 08:41:03 AM »
Hello Webh,

know the type of your screen can help us to give you  a good return.
for your magicinfo who cant' find screens:
screens and server pc must be on the same subnet
on the magicinfo pro sever, in the option, you must set in "Tools" and "Options" the server name
this name must be the same on the screens, you must enter in the fields the server name (the same you've enter in your server pc) and a client name ex: hall, office etc..  (right clic on the planet icon and go to configuration)
your server pc communicates with screens with server name...

for your problem of schedule, you can turn of this in your screens settings. for this, press the menu button on the remote.
for screens like MXN go to "setup" , "time", "timer1". here you can upgrade your power time and your stop time, or remove it
for screens like me or de go to "System", after "Time", next you can set your  power time and your stop time, or remove it in the "on timer" and "off timer" sub menu.
i hope this can help you
i put you two configurations screens if that can help you one for server and one for screens