something seems totally wrong, please help

• 9 Replies

Offline flogdnaloop

something seems totally wrong, please help
« on: November 25, 2012, 12:00:33 AM »
Hello,
I look after a schools IT and they have a samsung digital signage screen and a server with magicinfo pro, now i am fairly new to this and it was already set up when they said to me they want a powerpoint display playing on it, I have got a pptx of the teacher and have uploaded to library, and used it in a scr, but deleted the old signage, which was just a background with school logo and a load of pics playing, but for some weird reason it says not connected when i try and publishthe new display to network, i have check ip's in software on monitor and also rebooted, screen and server which is a virtualised server, and when it is all rebooted it still plays their old display of pics yet I have deleted this, so i guess this gets stored localy on the pc/monitor??
i have rerad the instructions and cant seem to work it out, which is very frustrating, any help would be great, and by the way my name is james.
 :)
so it was working fine?? Help ??  ;)

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
Re: something seems totally wrong, please help
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 08:07:58 AM »
hello,
is that your screen appears blue in MagicInfo Pro server?
if it's grey, you can't publish.
you say you've a virtualised server?  you must have set you network card like on this picture for correctly communicate with the screen.
(see attached picture)
i hope that can help you
Sébastien
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A tous ceux qui souhaitent télécharger le logiciel Magicinfo Pro de Samsung, je vous mets un lien pour obtenir Magicinfo Pro gratuitement et dans sa dernière version :

http://www.comaudiovideo.com/fr/logiciel/103-logiciel-magicinfo-pro.html

Vous trouverez également sur ce site, des formations au logiciel et également des solutions de gestion de parcs d'écrans ainsi que d'autres versions de logiciels d'affichage dynamique.

Si vous avez besoin d'infos complémentaires je vous laisse un téléphone: 02 32 23 26 03

Offline flogdnaloop

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 08:28:06 PM »
Hi Thank you so much for getting back to me, Yeh the machine has a grey screen so i cannot publish, but the virtual servers were all set up before I came here, i am back in the school tomorrow and will be looking into it, although can work remotely, but this system works fine, but I am obviously doing something wrong because although i have made a new design and screen etc etc but cannot publish due to this issue with not connecting. and really dont understand why it is still playing the old display, I thought it had a server for storing the image and pulls that image to the screen when it is working??? seems like the display is stored locally???

hopefully get some ideas off you by the morning :-) :D

thanks again for your time

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 07:58:38 AM »
Hi,
if you have a grey screen on magicinfo server than you can't publish, server doesn't see client player.
when you publish, all the medias are stored in the player, like this you don't have to republish all days
for your connecting problem, see this points:
screen and server are in the same subnet. (can you ping server and can you ping player)
screen player must have the same server name than the server (see attached pictures)
see than a firewall don't block the data when you sent:
open MagicInfo Pro and Streamserver for MAgicINfo Pro server, magiciinfo scheduler for player
have you see if your virtual server network is well configure like the picture i've sent you?
see the two another pictures i post and say me if the screen and server are well set

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 08:13:45 AM »
hi
here the second picture
i hope that can help you
Sébastien
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A tous ceux qui souhaitent télécharger le logiciel Magicinfo Pro de Samsung, je vous mets un lien pour obtenir Magicinfo Pro gratuitement et dans sa dernière version :

Vous trouverez également sur ce site, des formations au logiciel et également des solutions de gestion de parcs d'écrans ainsi que d'autres versions de logiciels d'affichage dynamique.

Si vous avez besoin d'infos complémentaires je vous laisse un téléphone: 02 32 23 26 03

Offline flogdnaloop

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 12:31:31 PM »
Thanks again, you helped alot, I now have a blue screen and can publish, merci :-) one more thing though, i am publishing a powerpoint presentation, and the size of the presentation is set to as big as the screen is, yet when it displays it has a black border both sides of the presentation,  is there a way of putting the display to the total size of the screen?? I have played about with the resolution settings, doesn't seem to help,
and the presentation seems to stop mid flow and does not continue, does it matter it is powerpoint 2010?? I think the presentation is slightly wrong because if i delete the slide that it stops on it continues and then stops at another slide and again if i delete that slide it continues, not sure why it does not like these certain slides??
so due to some of these slides I have not seen it loop yet, i assume if the powerpoint presentation is set to loop it will just loop on the screen???

Thanks again for all your help.
James

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 08:11:10 AM »
Hi,

For your Powerpoint don't play about with the resolution settings of the screen. you must enter a resolution of full HD 1920X1080 on your screen. when you create a template on the server, put so full hd resolution.
after this, you must set your Powerpoint setting to full HD so....
i put you two scrren shoot, one for Powerpoint 2003 and one for POwerpoint 2007/2010. excuse me it's in French so you can perhaps see where you must set this.
For Powerpoint 2003, you must enter a custom resolution in 16/9 like for exemple 32 X18... for Powerpoint 2007/2010 choose 16/9 format in thes options format.
I hope have help you
Sébastien

Offline flogdnaloop

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 08:20:17 AM »
Thank you so much, you have been a massive help, really appreciate it, pretty much there with it now. great forum, merci beaucoup.
James

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 08:58:25 AM »
Hi,

Happy can have help you... have a nice day
Sébastien
Sébastien

Forum France:
http://www.affichage-dynamique.forum-pro.fr/

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 10:33:02 AM »
Hi,

For your Powerpoint don't play about with the resolution settings of the screen. you must enter a resolution of full HD 1920X1080 on your screen. when you create a template on the server, put so full hd resolution.
after this, you must set your Powerpoint setting to full HD so....
i put you two scrren shoot, one for Powerpoint 2003 and one for POwerpoint 2007/2010. excuse me it's in French so you can perhaps see where you must set this.
For Powerpoint 2003, you must enter a custom resolution in 16/9 like for exemple 32 X18... for Powerpoint 2007/2010 choose 16/9 format in thes options format.
I hope have help you
Sébastien

Forum France:
http://www.affichage-dynamique.forum-pro.fr/

[/quote]