Unapproved Lite Device - Found in Device Search but will not save

• 18 Replies

Offline metrail

Greetings MagicInfo Lite Professionals and other Enthusiasts,

MagicInfo software opens up just fine--  when I go to DEVICE tab, no data shows up.  Upon opening up View unapproved lite devices-- no data shows again--  clicking on Search Device does find the Samsung LFD device IP 192.168.11.38, and then shows MagicInfo Lite Server at IP 192.168.1.24:7001/MagicInfo and Tunneling at IP 192.168.1.24.  After clicking on SAVE, a message shows: "The device connection request has been completed. Please wait a moment". Then clicking OK--  The device still does not show.  I have repeated this routine several times rebooting PC and the LFD device just doesn't seem to save.

NOTE: As you may have noticed, my SERVER IP address (192.168.1.24) is connected to my router 2 and the Samsung LFD is connected to router 1 switch (192.168.11.38) (SHORT: Router 2 is connected to Router 1 which connects to a switch before going to our Samsung LFD-- Router 1 connects directly to our DSL)...  I'm not sure if this may be the actual issue, as the MagicInfo Lite software Device Search seems to find the LFD device without any problem.

Thanks for any help in advance--  this whole setup has been quite a challenge but I believe were are very close to getting this up and running!

metrail

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
Re: Unapproved Lite Device - Found in Device Search but will not save
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 08:18:55 AM »
Hi Metrail,

In regards to the issue below, Could you please confirm where did you register the server IP address? Was it on Magic Info Lite or Premium because as far as  I remember, there is no tunnelling option on Magic Lite client. You only need to register the server IP under magic Lite with the remote control.

Could you please confirm this before moving on with the investigations?
Thanks
Sébastien

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A tous ceux qui souhaitent télécharger le logiciel Magicinfo Pro de Samsung, je vous mets un lien pour obtenir Magicinfo Pro gratuitement et dans sa dernière version :

http://www.comaudiovideo.com/fr/logiciel/103-logiciel-magicinfo-pro.html
Forum France:
http://www.affichage-dynamique.forum-pro.fr/

Vous trouverez également sur ce site, des formations au logiciel et également des solutions de gestion de parcs d'écrans ainsi que d'autres versions de logiciels d'affichage dynamique.

Si vous avez besoin d'infos complémentaires je vous laisse un téléphone: 02 32 23 26 03

Offline metrail

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 06:24:00 AM »
Thanks for replying Sebastian--  I believe I only have the Lite installed.  Please see screen captures at:  http://www.mainewww.com/magicinfo_lite.jpg  and  http://www.mainewww.com/magicinfo_lite_device.jpg

Any ideas--  greatly appreciated!

Metrail  aka Kevin

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 08:21:53 AM »
Hi Metrail,
please, set the server IP for MagicInfo Lite screen settings using the remote control.
here an attached picture, i hope that can help you to set your screens and server.
Have a nice day,

Sébastien
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A tous ceux qui souhaitent télécharger le logiciel Magicinfo Pro de Samsung, je vous mets un lien pour obtenir Magicinfo Pro gratuitement et dans sa dernière version :

http://www.comaudiovideo.com/fr/logiciel/103-logiciel-magicinfo-pro.html
Forum France:
http://www.affichage-dynamique.forum-pro.fr/

Vous trouverez également sur ce site, des formations au logiciel et également des solutions de gestion de parcs d'écrans ainsi que d'autres versions de logiciels d'affichage dynamique.

Si vous avez besoin d'infos complémentaires je vous laisse un téléphone: 02 32 23 26 03

Offline pauls

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 03:34:04 PM »
Hello,
I've got the same problem! (with a Samsung ME40C)
In MagicInfo Server web interface, the device only shows up in the manual search by IP and then it's not added to the list.
I see the message "The device connection request has been completed. Please wait a moment." but nothing happens and I can only press OK.

Has this ever been solved?
I've already set the server info in the display with the remote control.

Offline isabolovic

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 09:49:07 PM »
Hi pauls,

To "manually" approve any player in MagicInfo Lite/Premium open pgAdmin III and connect to relevant database (usually magicinfo).

Step 1
Open table <mi_dms_info_device> or <mi_dms_info_lite_device> and change value in field <is_approved (boolean)> from FALSE to TRUE for your device.

Step 2
Check in table <mi_user_info_group>  ID of group <group_id> to which you want to associate your player.

Step 3
Open table <mi_dms_map_group_device> or <mi_dms_ map_group_lite_device> and add ID value of desired group in field <group_id> for your device.

Now you should be able to see and edit your player in MagicInfo Premium web console.

You can PM me for further assistance and latest MI version download link.

Regards,
Ivan

---
Ivan Sabolovi?, DSCE
Digital Signage Consultant
www.mundusdigitalis.com

Offline pauls

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 10:58:42 PM »
Thank you for your help isabolovic.

I've already found a problem, however: the table at Step1 is empty! Can I (somehow) manually add the device info there?

My MagicInfo version is 2004.7, isn't it the latest?

Offline isabolovic

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 06:52:52 PM »
Hi Pauls,

As you want to use Lite device (ME40C) you should check tables with "_lite_" in its name, e.g. <mi_dms_info_lite_device>.
If table <mi_dms_info_lite_device> is empty, check display device settings. Press "Menu" on RC, select "System" then "Play Mode" and ensure that "MagicInfo Lite" option is selected. Also, check that you entered correct IP address and port values in MagicInfo Lite menu. Press "MagicInfo Lite" on RC, select "Settings" then "Server Network Settings" and then "Server".

MIIPS 2004.7 is officially latest version, but I have 2005.0 as Upgrade Patch only.
Also, I've been playing with 3000.1a which has S2 support.

Regards,
Ivan

---
Ivan Sabolovi?, DSCE
www.mundusdigitalis.com

Offline pauls

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 03:36:48 PM »
Ah, you're right, the row exists inside the "_lite_" tables.

Unfortunately, even after applying those changes and checking the display, the device is still not showing up in the interface : (

My server has a free Premium-S license (until 5 monitors): could it be incompatible with the Lite Player?

P.s: for your info, the third table is "mi_dms_ map_lite_group_device" (_lite_ is swapped) and it requires adding a primary key for editing (I've removed it again, afterwards)

Offline isabolovic

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 06:59:24 PM »
Hi Pauls,

Premium-S Licenses are not compatible with Lite devices.
Login as admin (default admin account) and go to "Settings", then "License Info." and click "Free License" button. In pop-up form select "Lite" from "Product Name" drop down list and fill all fields. After license activation you will have 25 free licenses for Lite devices. Then you should see your Lite device in MI web console.

Sorry for the lapsus calami as I was writing it by heart. But you figured it out anyway. :-)

Regards,
Ivan

---
Ivan Sabolovi?, DSCE
www.mundusdigitalis.com