Client does not show flash files

• 6 Replies

Offline k.mehmeti

Client does not show flash files
« on: December 10, 2012, 02:22:18 PM »
Hi all,

I've got a little problem.
MagicInfo Pro is used by one of our customers in his company. For about a month now the client does not show any flash files.
I thought may the flash version is not up to date, so i made the latest flash update on the client. I tried to run that flash file in the browser and it worked.

The server doesn't have any problem showing that flash file in preview mode. The client shows only a black screen, if I start the schedule which contains flash objects.
What could be the problem? I tried many things now:
 - created a new swf object
 - created a new schedule task
 - flash version update

Schedule tasks which do not contain flash, work perfectly.

Thanks for advice.

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Client does not show flash files
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 03:20:22 PM »
Hello

I have encountered this previously and found the issue to be the swf object the flash would only play for 10secs then stopped.
I managed to fix this by using an alternate program to design the flash file.

A few other things to check is:

When you update the new flash player have you ensured you have comitted the changes before you restarted the client.

Also when you complete the update are you logged into the client as the administrator as this can cause some problems as well.

Offline k.mehmeti

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 07:46:14 AM »
Our customer works always as administrator, also in the client. No, it shows nothing, just a black screen.
Other tasks work e.g. I made a other one containing only text an images, and it worked.

I don't know which software he uses to convert his .ppt's files to .swf, but it worked till one month ago.
He told me that there were no updates. Neither for the MaginInfo or the converter.

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »
OK Ask them to try this  Design a screen with the flash file within it and publish this to your screen.

Remote desktop directly to the screen and press escape

you should now see the desktop access the drive d:\  on the screen 
this is normally where all the files are published to see if you can get access to the flash file once it has been uploaded to this area.

Ive had it before when the file has not had the correct permissions no idea to this day how it happened but editing the permissons fixed it.

Hopefully this is the problem.

let me know how you get on with it.

Offline k.mehmeti

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 03:08:28 PM »
Thank you Ewanl30,

I will try this on the next days, and will let you know about the status. I can't actually imagine, that the administrator doesn't have enough permissions, but I'll try that.
It's really strange. I've never seen such a problem. Flash Player does only not work with the MagicInfo software (on client side).

Thanks again

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 08:08:47 AM »
Hi,

have you try to réinstall flash player on you screen?
here a link to flash for ie perhaps that can help you. make an ewf after install it
http://plateforme.cip.free.fr/install%20innes/install_flash_player_10.1.85.3_ie.exe
i hope that can help you
have a nice day
Sébastien
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A tous ceux qui souhaitent télécharger le logiciel Magicinfo Pro de Samsung, je vous mets un lien pour obtenir Magicinfo Pro gratuitement et dans sa dernière version :

http://www.comaudiovideo.com/fr/logiciel/103-logiciel-magicinfo-pro.html
Forum France:
http://www.affichage-dynamique.forum-pro.fr/

Vous trouverez également sur ce site, des formations au logiciel et également des solutions de gestion de parcs d'écrans ainsi que d'autres versions de logiciels d'affichage dynamique.

Si vous avez besoin d'infos complémentaires je vous laisse un téléphone: 02 32 23 26 03

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 10:23:51 AM »
As commvideo has also advised anything you want to run on the screens you need to ensure the screen also has the proper Software \ codecs etc installed on the screen also before it will play.