Please help! Anyone have the Magic Net X software CD?

• 11 Replies

Offline grant314

Please help! Anyone have the Magic Net X software CD?
« on: December 20, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »
One of my clients is using an older Samsung 400px display with the Magic Net X client (BeethovenII).  Up until recently we had the Magic Net X scheduling software running on a PC, but we had to replace the PC.  We are now stuck because we don't have the Magic Net X CD that came with the displays to install the scheduling software on a new computer. 

I called Samsung's LFD dept, and they said they don't have it anymore and have no idea where to get it beyond finding someone who still has the CD. They also said there is no way to get the newer MagicInfo software running on the old display, and no way to re-image the display to support MagicInfo.  I tried to install the MagicInfo client on the display and it wouldn't run.  Basically, we are out of luck unless we can find the Magic Net X software.

Does anyone still have the Magic Net X CD?  Any help would be appreciated!

Offline rbcoomer

Re: Please help! Anyone have the Magic Net X software CD?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 04:20:06 PM »
Sorry this is a bit late - only just spotted this post!  We have CDs if anyone needs images etc.

However - if anyone has the client version of X, we could use the setup executable. (i.e. the bit that installs on the screen when EWF is off)  We have a couple of images that don't work and require a re-install and are running out of donor chips  ;)  Needs to be X as we have Pro already (but the power scheduling doesn't work)

TIA

Rob

Offline funclass

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 06:40:18 AM »
Hello,

I need a CD-Image too. We have 5 SyncMaster 460PXn in use and all CD can't be found. Can you share the CD-Image that I can download it?

Please excuse my english, I'm from germany...

Offline rbcoomer

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 12:29:18 PM »
Hi,

I have an ISO of the original MagicNetX CD which I will upload when I get home tonight and post a link for.  (I can't seem to upload here due to file type and size limitations.) We also have the setup for the MagicNetPro server application and the MagicNetPro Client.  We don't unfortunately seem to be able to find the MagicNetX Client installer, but the Pro Client appears to communicate with the X version server. 

Regards,

Robin

Offline funclass

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 01:14:02 PM »
That's great.

The client software (Beethoven II) came with the display firmwareimage *.sfi . I've loaded this from the official samsunglfd website a few years ago. If you do a complete clean install the client is ready to use. Unfortunately the sfi is in korean language an swiching to english isn't completely possible. Now I have backed up from a useable display to have a recovery image for emergency.

Christian

Offline rbcoomer

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 09:33:28 AM »
Hi Christian,

Apologies for the delay - I had a real problem uploading via FTP as it kept dropping out and despite my server supporting resume features it just seemed to freeze up between 400-500MB  ???

I have shoved the ISO to Google Drive instead: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3-AQiO0mp09M0R5YVdRQ2JYVkE&usp=sharing  Let me know if you can't access for any reason.  It's quite large due to the interactive documentation!

Cheers,

Robin

Offline funclass

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 05:53:20 PM »
Download OK! Thx

I found another way to setup the LFDs without old MagicNetX...
1. replace Firmware on our 460PXn with clean install -> required sfi-file came from Support (if anyone needs i can post a link)
2. install MagicInfoPro Client in v.2500 on the LFDs -> this Version works pretty fine with old Hardware
3. install MagicInfoPro Server v.2600 on PC
Thats it ;)
I`ve backed up the BeethovenII folder from fresh installed LFD. Probably you can use it after simple copy at your LFD?

Offline rbcoomer

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 11:32:03 AM »
Hi Christian,

Links for either the 400pxn or 460pxn sfi files would be useful to have.  I have a couple of dud images, but at the moment we have some spares so have swapped out the chip!  Plan B would have been to image a working screen as a base.  We have 8x 400's & 3x 460's currently.

We've figured most of the other issues like power board faults and I have a good stock of capacitors now!  ;)

Cheers,

Robin

Offline funclass

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 11:55:28 AM »
This is the original Link to the pxn.sfi image that samsung support send me.

http://file1.dssceurope.com/public/ffd4f8.php

The MIpro Client in working version for old Displays you'll get here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qxwzoeezwyv

I've uploaded the MagicNet_Beethovenfolder to my dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7uk99liamny2myw/samsung_magicnet_client_beethovenII.zip

regards

Christian

Offline rbcoomer

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 12:00:33 PM »
Thanks Christian,

Should extend their life a couple more years!  ;D

They're actually very good screens once you understand the few gremlins and in all honesty the power boards have been our only real issue.

Cheers,

Robin