Screen returning to desktop?

• 3 Replies

Offline smack664

Screen returning to desktop?
« on: January 19, 2013, 03:11:38 AM »
I have a schedule created that has 4 frames, each frame is scheduled to run from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59, and repeat infinitely is checked off.  For some reason it randomly goes back to the desktop and I have to go in to the java viewer and click run on the client icon.  Any suggestions, do I have something set up wrong?

Offline Tobbilito

Re: Screen returning to desktop?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 08:30:12 AM »
Had the same problem.

You need to update to the latest verision for the client and the server software :)

Offline smack664

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 10:37:58 PM »
Oh that's great, any idea how I do that?

Offline smack664

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 02:51:22 AM »
Just thought I would update since I finally solved the problem, I did so much online research that if I could help out one person it would be worth it. 

First thing I found out was don't call Samsung Canada, they didn't know what Magicinfo is, the rep offered to put me on hold while he found a manual.  I finally spoke to the actual magicinfo help desk and they at least knew what they were doing but they could not figure out the problem. 

I did the server and client updates and that did nothing.  Then they recommended I remove the USB for my wireless keyboard and mouse, since the only way out of client is to hit the escape key, which was locked in my office.  I then decided on my own, since Level 2 help desk never called back to eliminate all content that used the internet, and the problem was solved.  I started to add the content back one screen at a time until I found the problem.  The problem was one slide with the weather, I was linking to a full screen page from weatherunderground and once I took that out of the rotation the problem was solved!