Magic info pro doesnot show connection

• 6 Replies

Offline cmfurqan

Magic info pro doesnot show connection
« on: February 23, 2010, 04:14:13 PM »
Hello

One of the display doesn't show any ip and i can't upload anything in it, it says not connected but still running the schedule it already has.
It has the ip of 10.6.30.21 . I can ping it.
Can you tell me how to fix it ?

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Magic info pro doesnot show connection
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 06:07:11 PM »
for me, the problem was with not having the samsung display and the server computer on the same time zone.

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 08:49:37 PM »
Try a reboot of the screen, it may just need to form a stable connection-if you can connect to the others and they disconnected screen is set up the same there should be no issues-just check things like a duplicate ip address or problems with a managed switch transferring the data ok. Try a different network connection maybe directly into the network backbone.

Offline L

• Major Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 03:07:55 PM »
Hi,

I currently have the exact same problem; one out of five screens won't connect.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of my settings, etc.  It turns out that this is a problem with the unit itself (network card) and I am awaiting a replacement.

To make a temporary connection I have to have someone push the ethernet connection forward (not in) very, very hard and hold it while I publish updates.  Give that a try.

Lisa

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 03:46:07 PM »
Hi Lisa,

thanks for letting us know, I would never have suspected a hardware issue-could you possibly let us know when your replacement NIC arrives if it definitely solves the problem-if it affects one panel it could be affecting many..  We have a particular screen that exhibits this condition intermittently and have been wondering what it could be, we were thinking there may be an issue with one of our managed switches but now I'm not so sure.

EricL

Offline L

• Major Guru
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 05:46:22 PM »
Hi Eric,

Actually, this was a replacement unit (original did same thing), so it definitely has affected more than one panel.  I've since received my original back and it works.  I am in the process of trying to find out what they did to rectify the problem.

I also have an intermittent connection issue, similar to what you have described.  All five panels would stay connected for 30 seconds at a time then, one by one, lose connection for only 1-2 seconds.  The one unit that came back from service no longer has this issue, making me even more interested in what work was done.

I have had my local dealer here, to see the problem first hand, but they still aren't sure what the cause is.  I will keep you posted on anything new I learn.

Lisa

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 12:31:27 PM »
Nice one Lisa, thanks for the update  ;D I think I might give Samsung a  call and see if we can arrange a swap-out or something for out dodgy screen.

EricL