video files not playing in ppt in screen on Samsung SM400DXN

• 4 Replies

Offline roj

video files not playing in ppt in screen on Samsung SM400DXN
« on: February 01, 2013, 04:45:29 PM »
Hi all,

Have successfully been using MagicInfo Pro for building screens to display on our Samsung SM400DXN.

The screens have, up till now, included a powerpoint with text and image content. All displays fine and animation timings all work as they should.

Have just added a couple of short videos to the powerpoint ( .avi ) which play automatically in the powerpoint slideshow, as they should when viwed as a slideshow in Powerpoint itself.

However, on the Samsung SM400DXN, when the powerpoint on the screens gets to the slides with the videos on, they do not play, although the slide will sit there for the length of the video should play for, before it moves on.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you all in advance  :)
roj

MagicInfo Pro vers. 2509B
Client - M_MIPEX3005.0

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: video files not playing in ppt in screen on Samsung SM400DXN
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 10:04:54 AM »
Hi

sounds like you need the codec to play your .avi file correctly. Many users have had success installing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-Lite_Codec_Pack  on the client screen or you could use the excellent http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en to view the codec required and just install that one.

Best

EricL

Offline roj

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 09:25:25 AM »
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply.

I installed the K-Lite codec pack and this did not work so I tried running the ppt in Powerpoint rather than in MagicNet to see if that made a difference but at this stage it didnt. Nieither would the actual video file itself.

The video file in question is an avi file and MediaInfo run on the screen itself,tells me the video is jpeg!?
Clicking the link to get codec takes me to the Microsoft media player pages, so I installed WM9 codecs.
This made no difference and the video still did not play in the original ppt within Powerpoint. Playing the video loaded it up in WMP classic but no image.

So I installed Quicktime. The video now plays in the original ppt within Powerpoint  :D but it still doesnt play in the ppt within the MagicNet screen. Neither is there any image when the video is opened in WMP classic although it appears to be playing.

Any suggestions as to what I might be missing now?
I really appreciate any further vthoughts on this matter  :)

Thank you
Roj

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 02:26:54 PM »
Have you tried altering the address for the video's location rather than c:\video\video.avi
change this to a relative address -  \\file1\video\video.avi

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 08:03:41 AM »
Hi,

I've had the same problem. A video file in .avi don't play on my screen (i've just the first picture of the video  and she don't play!!)
i've convert my video file in WMV and then it's play on the screen in the Powerpoint.
I hope that can help you, when you create your PPT, show before if you're video file play that have give me an indication if the file would read on player....
Sébastien
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A tous ceux qui souhaitent télécharger le logiciel Magicinfo Pro de Samsung, je vous mets un lien pour obtenir Magicinfo Pro gratuitement et dans sa dernière version :

http://www.comaudiovideo.com/fr/logiciel/103-logiciel-magicinfo-pro.html
Forum France:
http://www.affichage-dynamique.forum-pro.fr/

Vous trouverez également sur ce site, des formations au logiciel et également des solutions de gestion de parcs d'écrans ainsi que d'autres versions de logiciels d'affichage dynamique.

Si vous avez besoin d'infos complémentaires je vous laisse un téléphone: 02 32 23 26 03