What's the best way to create an emergency broadcast?

• 5 Replies

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
What's the best way to create an emergency broadcast?
« on: February 21, 2013, 01:06:37 AM »
Say you have an emergency and you need to get content on the screen FAST. What is the best way to do this?
Another signage system I have worked with in the past had an emergency message you could create that would automatically go over the top of any other scheduled content. Does MagicInfo-I Premium have any kind of feature like that?

Offline samwieda

• Mega Guru
Re: What's the best way to create an emergency broadcast?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 10:22:26 PM »
Dear
yes you can create a 2nd overlapping schedule on any schedule list that and put this in front of the default schedule.
so you can have from monday till friday ppt1 and then at one day you can just add ppt2 from 10am till noon and it will play the ppt2

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 07:19:27 PM »
thanks, i have one more question!!

everything is working fine except RSS feeds. when I preview in the authoring program it looks fine on my laptop but when I send it to the samsung LFD it will show everything except the RSS feed that is supposed to scroll along the bottom. is there something else i need to install on the LFD? I updated the JAVA to the newest version already.

Offline samwieda

• Mega Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 06:40:25 AM »
Dear
do you have connectivity do the internet from your LFD? check once manually with the browser if you can connect to the rss feed...

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 06:24:15 PM »
Yes the LFD is on the Internet. I can browse the web. My thought was that it was a java issue, does it use java to display the scrolling RSS feed? Or Flash? Both are updated to newest versions. Perhaps it is a font issue but I'm using Arial...

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 10:31:26 PM »
I mentioned in another thread that my LFD is older (2009, came with MagicInfo Pro)- It has XP embedded with SP2 and NO .net framework. Is .NET framework required for displaying the RSS? Can someone check if their LFD or SBB has .NET framework on it? I am unable to install it on my LFD for some reason.
I double checked the fonts and arial is loaded, and I can display word art with arial just fine. word art will not appear if the correct font does not exist in windows, which made me wonder if it was a font issue, but it is not.