Extract the MagicInfo license information from the SBB

• 1 Replies

Offline Recky

Extract the MagicInfo license information from the SBB
« on: March 07, 2013, 04:48:02 PM »
Hello,

we were so bold to install Windows 8 on our SSB, but now MagicInfo-i Premium runs under a trial license and asks for a serial number. 

Does anyone know how and where MagicInfo registers it's license on the SBB, so I can extract it from an original SBB running the Windows XP embedded? 

I did create an ghost image before i did the upgrade, so i'm hoping i can put that back, retrieve the serial, reinstall windows 8 and register MagicInfo with that serial.

Samsung doesn't want to help me with this, they don't even offer a way to purchase a new license.

Thanks,
Jurgen

Offline swerty

Re: Extract the MagicInfo license information from the SBB
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 08:01:35 PM »
Hi

I had a similar problem on my SBB, where the I Player was asking for a Serial # and License Key. The way I fixed it was:

1. uninstall all the magicInfo software on the computer
2. restart using the Save program so your settings are saved on reboot
3. reinstall the same version software as you are using on the network computer. For me this was V2.0....2010.1. So I had the Console program and I Player version the exact same.
4. Ensure the ip addresses ping each other from Monitor to computer and computer to monitor. (for ping, go to START->type CMD-> ping 192.168.x.x (where 192.168.x.x) is the ip address of the other device). You can do this on both the monitor and connected computer. Ensure firewall is disabled on windows.
5. Ensure your license is functional on the Console software to allow for devices to be seen.

I don't know if you want to remove their embeded windows software as it appears to work fine for my setup.

Hopefully something in these steps helps someone someday! MagicInfo is not an easy product to configure, but it does work! Evan and Michael on Tech support are Tier II and very helpful to issues you may have.