Published to USB but can't get Author to accept and play

• 1 Replies

Offline jenny

Published to USB but can't get Author to accept and play
« on: March 27, 2013, 10:18:23 PM »
I'm new to the software and trying to update a display's artwork. All the display settings are already set, and it is a closed network.

I created my LFD files, which preview accurately on my computer, then created a schedule using Scheduler and published to USB from the scheduler. This created a "contents" and "schedules" folder on my USB.

I then take the USB to the display and plug it in. The EWF settings are set to "copy and play from removable disk". When I click "commit" and restart, it does not run my new content.

Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Thank you!!!

Offline jvigno

Re: Published to USB but can't get Author to accept and play
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 05:28:44 PM »
Did you happen to set were your removable disk is in the settings?  I didn't see that in your list below

Config-Advanced -> Schedules ->Download Schedules from Removable Disk

In this setting in the top is a setting for schedule path.  With the USB in the drive it will show the drive letter of the USB device and you need to select the folder your schedule is in on the usb drive.

Once you have the correct setting you should be able to click download and it will copy everything to the TV and you wont have to leave the USB in there unless you want too.