Latest Version and/or Release Notes

• 6 Replies

Offline GB.Fertig

Latest Version and/or Release Notes
« on: April 01, 2013, 03:14:25 PM »
Apprently you need a local samsung rep to register as a buiness partner to download MIIP from samsunglfd.

I was able to download the software from http://magicinfostore.com/en/downloads/ however, but it didn't come with release notes.

Does anyone have a set of rleease notes for version 1100.0 server? I was hoping to see if this version had an update to the Apache/Timcat secruity flaw that was in version 1010.6

Offline jvigno

Re: Latest Version and/or Release Notes
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 08:34:59 PM »
I don't have that versions release notes handy... but here is the release notes from the Current version of Magic Info:

MagicInfo Premium 2.0 Release Notes

Release Date: Apr 08, 2013

Build Number: Author 2000.3 | Player 2000.3

The Release Notes document covers the following topics:
-       Installation Notes
-       What’s New
-       Resolved Issues

What’s New in Version 2000.x
Resolved Issues

-  Author (2000.2 to 2000.3)
             Modify bug: Problem related to not correctly displaying Arab sentence.

-  Client (2000.2 to 2000.3)
             Modify bug: Problem related to not properly playing group contents.

Release Date: Mar 25, 2013
Build Number: Author 2000.2 | Player 2000.2 | DataLink Server 2000.3

-       What’s New
-       Resolved Issues

- DataLink Server (2000.1 to 2000.2)
Additional feature: JAVA(JRE)7 is installed automatically instead of JAVA(JRE)6.
Additional feature: Change the version management system of data in order to improve the data collection capability

Resolved Issues
-  Author (2000.1 to 2000.2)
         Modify bug: problem related to not correctly displaying UTF-8, Unicode text file in Text Element
-  Client (2000.1 to 2000.2)
             Modify bug: fix the problem related to memory leak, when user set Global Play Policy is Play on Every Page in .LFD which has some contents in Global page

- DataLink Server (2000.1 to 2000.2)
Modify bug: problem related to cannot access to public folder in Excel module.
- DataLink Server (2000.2 to 2000.3)
Modify bug: problem related to cannot type with multi-languages on custom column.
Modify bug: problem related to don't have a character limit on custom column.

Offline jvigno

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 08:38:06 PM »
Part 2 of release notes

Release Date: March 11, 2013
Build Number: Server 2000.1 | Author 2000.1 | Client 2000.1 | DataLink Server 2000.1

-       What’s New
-       Resolved Issues
What’s New
This section lists all maintenance releases of MagicInfo Premium

-  Server (1100.3 to 2000.1)
             Additional feature : Name is changed(MagicInfo-i -> MagicInfo)
             Additional feature : SOC model devices are supported.
             Additional feature : JAVA(JRE)7 is installed automatically instead of JAVA(JRE)6.
             Additional feature : Tomcat 64bit is installed and operated in 64bits OS.
             Additional feature : UX is enhanced.
             Additional UX feature : Content and Playlist menu are separated.
             Additional UX feature : In content list, Content can be add/remove to playlist directly.
             Additional UX feature : DLK is supported to set refresh interval of each content.
             Additional UX feature : LFT support flash file and it’s inner datalink.
             Additional UX feature : Playlist support expired date for each content.
             Additional UX feature : Playlist preview is enhanced to view all content.
             Additional UX feature : Playlist preview is enhanced to view all content.
             Additional UX feature : Content Schedule step is reduced simply.
             Additional UX feature : Message Schedule step is reduced simply.
             Additional UX feature : Device sliding dashboard is supported to order popular device control.
             Additional UX feature : Device content download status is presented to percentage in monitoring detail info.
             Additional UX feature : Device system usage is presented to graph in monitoring detail info.
             Additional UX feature : Non-approved device is automatically set to one’s device model.
             Additional UX feature : Device log list is moved to service history page of setting menu.
             Additional UX feature : Content type Filtering is supported in content list directly.
             Additional UX feature : Device type Filtering is supported in playlist and device list.
             Additional UX feature : Role of Content Schedule Manager is supported by default role.
             Additional UX feature : Statistics of new content play frequency is supported.
             Additional UX feature : All content played log are supplied to CSV files in detail statistics report.
             Additional UX feature : Dashboard is moved to top menu from left-bottom side.
             Additional UX feature : Group Editing is enhanced.

-  Author (1100.1 to 2000.1)
             Additional feature : Name is changed(MagicInfo-i -> MagicInfo)
             Additional feature : SOC model devices are supported.
Additional feature : Add control buttons to the contents preview.
Additional UX feature : Toolbar buttons GUI is changed.
Additional UX feature : Titlebars GUI of docking window is changed.

-  Client (1100.9 to 2000.1)

Additional feature : Name and logo are changed(MagicInfo-i Premium -> MagicInfo Premium i)
             Additional feature : Add RDC update.

Resolved Issues

-  Author (1100.1 to 2000.1)
             Modify bug: problem related to not displaying next article in RSS element.
             Modify bug: problem related to cannot retrieve LFT contents when reloading on Server Content Window.
             Modify bug: problem related to disappearing global properties on global element when read LFD contents.
             Modify bug: problem related to application crashes when preview on a computer which DirectX is not installed.

Offline GB.Fertig

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 09:53:38 PM »
Hrmm Looks like I need a different version than 1100. What is the best way to get the install files for "MagicInfo Premium 2.0", I didn't have a local Samsung rep to register as a business partner. Magic Info store only had up to 1100. You don’t happen to have the install files on some kind of google drive or dropbox do you?

Offline jvigno

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 05:11:35 PM »
Shoot me an email jvigno at gmail.com and I will try to do that for you in the next day or 2.  Just put the subject MagicInfoI

Offline GB.Fertig

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 03:09:15 PM »
Get my e-mail?

Offline jvigno

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 01:17:48 AM »
Got it. Sent you a link