Input source on Samsung DE46C using MagicInfo I Premium

• 8 Replies

Offline ntaylor

Input source on Samsung DE46C using MagicInfo I Premium
« on: April 15, 2013, 10:55:51 AM »
I am trying to create a display using MagicInfo I Premium that displays 2 elements, one of which is to be an input source of DVI or PC and for simple testing purposes the 2nd element is just a clock. I have Samsung DE46C screen with a SBB-Q32AV4/EN module. I have published the content and set a schedule. The Screen plays the scheduled content but only the clock element is displayed, the "input source" does not display. It briefly pops up the message "Not Available". I have updated to the latest Version of Authoring software and also the latest player for the SBB, but still have a problem displaying an input source.
I have also tried to publish just the one "input source" element but that also does not work.
I can display the DVI and PC inputs if I change the Displays input on the remote, but the MagicInfo player will not show anything.
Does anyone have any ideas what I have missed?

Offline ukservicedesk

Re: Input source on Samsung DE46C using MagicInfo I Premium
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 03:24:17 PM »
Sorry to hijack your post but we are also experiencing this issue.

Offline ntaylor

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 03:31:55 PM »
Well I feel better that it's not just me  :) .
I have registered this issue with Samsung today, but as yet I have not had anything back. If I hear back from them I will post there comments.
If anyone else has any ideas I'd really appriciate them.
Thanks
Nev

Offline ntaylor

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 09:31:24 AM »
Update from Samsung below. I have thrown this back to them to provide the documentation that will show this and ask under what combination of Screen and SBB you can use the array of input sources available in the MagicInfo Author program. I have also gone back to my agent who recommended this solution to see what they say.

Our screens do not support any external sources to be embedded. { I think he meant 'all' instead of 'any' }
There is a limit on which external sources can be embedded depending on the main input source.
So, if the main input source is MagicInfo(i.e. SBB-Q32AV4/EN), only supported external source is AV.

If I get any more infor I will post back here.

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 10:39:07 AM »
Thanks for the update  ;)

Offline ntaylor

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 09:28:06 AM »
Feedback from Samsung as below
This information can be found from User Manual.  {Section 7.7 PIP }
Main picture                         Sub picture
PC                                          AV
AV                                          PC, HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort
Component                              N/A
HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort             AV
MagicInfo Lite                          PC, AV, Component, HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort

“MagicInfo” will fall into “HDMI, DVI, DP” source as it is connected to HDMI to the screen.
You can see from the table that to embed DVI or HDMI, the main source must be AV or MagicInfo Lite.
(TV’ source is only available on US models).

So I'm in the process of getting an AV source to test this. Shame though, as I wanted a HD digital source to make the most of the HD display not an analog source.

I am also not sure if the size I set in the authoring software will be honoured by the screen or if I can only use the fixed sizes and positions of the PIP defaults. I guess I'll need to test this. Hey ho.

Just for completeness and the benefit of others I will post again once I have tested. If anyone out there has already done all this before and knows the answer to the screen using the size specified in the authoring software , please can you post.

Thanks
Nev

Offline ntaylor

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 09:44:12 AM »
Well I managed to get an AV source connected and I can indeed display this as a PIP and resize it , but there does appear to be a limit to the size. I have it at 1350 x 760, anything above this does not seem to work, and I get the "Not Available" message appear.

Regards
Nev

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 06:12:10 PM »
Good information. Nice one Nev.

Bill

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 12:22:03 AM »
Thanks ntaylor. would you happen to have a screen shot showing what the embedded AV input looks like on your screen? Is it up in the corner by default of the PiP or can you manually center it/move it where you want in magicinfo?