Importing existing scn files

• 5 Replies

Offline ellent

Importing existing scn files
« on: May 10, 2013, 10:19:34 AM »
Hello

We recently had to change the machine which was used as the MagicInfo Pro server.
While the same version of the MagicInfo software was reinstalled (2509.B), we cannot access the existing .scn files which were created on the original machine.

From this forum I have read that the screen files need to be Imported into the software, but the only files that the Import wizard can see are SCP files. I thought I would be able to go to the original machine and Export the SCN files as SCP files but I cannot.
I have had a look through the forum but cannot seem to find a way to convert the SCN files to SCP files which I can then import.

I suspect this is a fairly simple process but I am new to this software and I am at a loss as to how to get the existing SCN files back without re-creating them

Can someone advise me on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Offline Iang

Re: Importing existing scn files
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 03:50:09 PM »
Hello ellent,

Did you managed to solve this issue?

I am having the exact same problem. MagicInfo software needs to be moved to a new server, but for the life of my I can't work out how to export the current Screen and import it.

Seems like such a simple process that I can't work out

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 05:32:39 PM »

Offline Iang

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 08:47:34 AM »
Thanks for the reply, but I have already read through that.

EricL attached a screen exporter, which I have downloaded and renamed to .zip. Sadly the file becomes corrupt and I can't extract the application from it.

Offline Iang

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 09:56:49 AM »
Well I somehow managed to do it.

I found an .scp file of my screen in the follow folder
AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SEC\MagicInfo Pro\Export

Simply imported that into MIP, and re-created a schedule and published. Jobs a gooden.

Stiff baffles me why Tools > Screen > Import imports a .scp file, while Tools > Screen > Export exports a .scn file

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 01:40:51 PM »
Hi, I have uploaded the extractor again, it's available on the page accessed by the link above, download it, change the extension to .zip, unzip it and the converter.exe should be there for you.

EricL