No event log information for past three months

• 1 Replies

Offline Iang

No event log information for past three months
« on: June 13, 2013, 02:15:17 PM »
Hi,

We have a screen in our reception that we find is sometimes off in the morning (even though its schedule to switch on at 7:30), so we have to manually switch it on using the power button.

I have a very strong feeling that when the night shift turn the lights off in the factory throughout the night, they inadvertently switch the reception switch off causing the screen to ungracefully poweroff (the screen power is connected to the same fuse box has the lights). I have semi-verified this as the frequency of the issue has dramatically dropped since I mentioned the problem.

The screen was off again ealier this week, so I decided that I would check the Event Log on the screen to see if I could see when it was shutdown.

However, when I looked there was no entries in the Event Log for the past three months. So I couldn't determine when it was last ungracefully shutdown.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: No event log information for past three months
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 10:00:49 AM »
I have been thinking about this, if the EWF is active then when the screen is shutdown and rebooted no new data wrtten to the event log will be present as it will revert the system drive to the previous state. So I don't think it could show a log of events..