400DXn-2 How to start embedded PC

• 2 Replies

400DXn-2 How to start embedded PC
« on: June 18, 2013, 05:12:20 PM »
Hi All,
I am a complete newbee to these devices.
The site has several 400DXn-2's working on site, all setup and runnig for years and running their internal PC's with a web browser showing the content.
Now we come to the problem. We have one which has been off for some time and now we come to use it again it will show the magicinfo screen and we can switch between inputs but none of them seems to be the internal PC.
One colleague suggested that it needs to be on the right input as it is started, so I selected each input in turn and shutdown and restarted using the soft power button next to the status light. All to no effect as all we get is check signal cable or the equivalent.
Added complication is that at the moment the network to the device is not working ... but I am assuming that it doesn't need the network to be working in order for the PC/Windows to start.
Have tried reading the manuals I can find but they don't give the embedded PC much more than a passing mention.
Any advice about how to get the PC to start or to switch to the PC input/screen would be most appreciated.
Maybe there is a seperate manual for the embedded PC, but I can't find it.
The internet is great, except you have to know what you are looking for in order to find it.
Thanks in advance.
Simon.

Offline brimaty

Re: 400DXn-2 How to start embedded PC
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 05:36:20 PM »
did you ever find a fix for this? I too am having this issue after letting it sit.

Offline rbcoomer

Re: 400DXn-2 How to start embedded PC
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 11:39:03 AM »
Just a thought, but assuming the build is similar to the 400pxn, have you checked the PC power board?  Earlier versions of these are prone to capacitor failure.  If you have another screen working you can easily check this by swapping the power board for a known good one to test.  It's the smaller of the 2 power boards located above the AV & PC circuits.