Scroll Off?

• 2 Replies

Offline daves

Scroll Off?
« on: August 01, 2013, 10:48:14 AM »
Hi All

First time user of the board and I've already picked up so much, so thanks to all the contributors :) you've saved me loads of time!

I am having one problems though.  When I try to embed the BBC news feed into a web area/screen I'm getting the scroll bars coming up to the right and bottom.  I've set Scroll to Off and saved and refreshed etc but they just won't leave.  On the Sky News feed these don't appear, it's just on the BBC.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

What am I missing?

Also I'm looking to add a movie as a slide show every minute or so, this is one thing I've not mastered yet.  Getting something else to load over the top of what's playing / swapping to another screen and coming back.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on what I need to do?  Also what format does MagicInfo Pro like in terms of media files.  I've tried MOV but it didn't seem to like that.

Many Thanks

Dave

Offline daves

Re: Scroll Off?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 04:36:48 PM »
Hi All

I've now figured out the Timing Issue, just layer them up :) and I transcoded my MOV to an ASF using VLC and it works great.

But I'm still struggling with the Scroll Bars if anyone can help.

Many Thanks

Dave

Offline etinoco33

Re: Scroll Off?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 06:44:08 PM »
Hi Dave,

About the bars, it's because when you use this tool (web area) It shows you all the page as you can see in the browser. At less it works like that for me. Maybe in the case of the Sky News, the interface of the page is not too big. I've used RSS in a RSS area, but this only displays text.

And in respect of the format, take care with this, because there is a issue with the formats. I recomend you to use *.mp4, it's light and it works properly. The problem with the format is that sometimes you have the preview in the server, but it doesn't work in the client. That happens because the Client needs to have installed its own codecs!