Weather Questions

• 8 Replies

Offline Jruss21

Weather Questions
« on: August 06, 2013, 04:43:31 PM »
I want a basic weather widget/app to appear on our presentation. In all the reading I have done on here, I have found a potential app (BBC weather). My question is how to then bring this in? I want pictures and such, so rss is out. What are the steps for bringing the weather app in?

Offline samwieda

• Mega Guru
Re: Weather Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 06:58:08 AM »
think about weather.com and create your own webpage.

Offline Jruss21

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 09:02:16 PM »
Sorry, maybe my question was not clear. I am struggling to see how I can bring in a weather app that can display the entire time in one part of the screen, while other slides play. The webpage always open a full webpage and interrupts the slides when I try Firefox or Expl. Is this possible?

Offline samwieda

• Mega Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 06:16:23 AM »

no webpages are not opening always a full page. with author you can select the space which the webpage can consume.
you just need to use magic info author to create your content.
otherwise you can also use the magic info author and the weather function which is in there, just see into the manual of author and you find some samples in there how to create weather data on your screen.

Offline patrickerdner

• Major Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 08:04:56 PM »
I edited my screen into 4 partitions - I have a slideshow in 1 area, weather map in motion to the right of that - then on the bottom a scrolling ticker and in the lower right a small weather widget that shows the current time, temp and weather from weather underground.

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 06:00:11 PM »
I made my own "weather widget" using zweatherfeed. No ads and looks great, updates with a sun or a cloud, etc. You can change the background color so it will match better. I then uploaded it to my own website so it pulls from there.
http://www.zazar.net/developers/jquery/zweatherfeed/

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 08:48:39 PM »
As a side note- the built in weather function does not seem to display Fahrenheit, only Celsius. So it is not useful to people in USA. If anyone can figure out how to get it to display in F, let me know.  For now I just use my zweatherfeed I mentioned above, which looks great.

Offline isabolovic

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 01:01:16 AM »
Quote from: 460FPN2
As a side note- the built in weather function does not seem to display Fahrenheit, only Celsius. So it is not useful to people in USA. If anyone can figure out how to get it to display in F, let me know.

Just add parameter "unit" with value "f" within javascript code in your HTML file.

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function () {
   $('#test').weatherfeed(['UKXX0085'],{unit: 'f'});
});
</script>

Regards,
Ivan

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 05:39:45 PM »
Hi, I was referring to the built-in weather widget in the Samsung MagicInfo Author, not the javascript for zweatherfeed. That is why I am using the javascript in the first place, so I can display in F.