mpWatcher Closed due to Failure to Verify License - Help!

• 2 Replies

Offline ajsteeves

mpWatcher Closed due to Failure to Verify License - Help!
« on: August 10, 2013, 11:24:40 PM »
Hi All,

I'm having a problem with  MagicInfo Premium v2.0 Player 2001.3

I have taken over a store and their old IT guy wiped out all the NetWork boxes on the menu displays. 

I've been able to install the Magic Info Server and use the author tools just fine.  However, when I install the Player on the displays, I get this error message, saying the program will be closed due to a failure to verify the license.  I have reinstalled and the program doesn't even ask for the license code. 

I have the original disks with Magic Info i-Premium ad MagicInfo Pro with as many serial numbers as I have displays. 

Has anyone had this issue or could you point me in the right direction to solve it?

I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Offline samwieda

• Mega Guru
Re: mpWatcher Closed due to Failure to Verify License - Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 06:59:46 AM »
Hi
it seems you have not the standard samsung windows OS build on it?

MIP runs only if you have the samsung build on it.

cheers,

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: mpWatcher Closed due to Failure to Verify License - Help!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 04:32:34 PM »
The client (player) program does not ask for the serial number, you have to enter this into the server program. (go to Setting, license info)
The first 5 displays approved in the server program are free and do not need a serial though.
I did have an issue with MpWatcher on an older XP-embedded samsung when upgrading to the 2.0 player, and I had to install the free upgrade to microsoft visual c++ 2010 (it only had version 2005 on it). http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555 I don't think this is related to your issue but it doesn't hurt to check if it's installed.